Chapter 17: A Brand New Start

Warning: The following contains strong explicit sexual content that may not be suitable for anyone under 🔞 viewers discretion is advised

Kamala's POV

Ever since I've moved in with Doug along with his kids, we still took time out of our hands to focus on the cases he's been dealing and of course, Doug decided to take his ex wife Kristen to court to have full custody of the their son and daughter. I've been supporting him through it all even though, it wasn't easy. Now that I'm pregnant with twins, he's been doing everything for me despite the fact I wanted to help out.

Luckily, Doug now has custody of Cole and Ella Emhoff which means they can live with us after a very messy bitter battle which Kristen refused at one point until she gave up on the kids and decided to let Doug have them. Cole and Ella both called me 'mom' since they both never experienced motherly love from their very own and top of that, me expecting twins was also another reason why want me in their lives.

A month later

"I got it babe, rest up." Doug said to me as he prepared breakfast for the kids when they wake up. He made pancakes and sausage as I got up and went to the children's room, only to see them still sleeping.

"Wakey, wakey Cole and Ella." I walking over and patting their backs. The kids remained sleep and of course Cole snores just like his father.

"Come on you two, wake up. Breakfast is almost ready." I rubbed Ella as she slowly awaken from her slumber.

"Mommy?" She calls out as I picked her up and let her lay on my shoulder snoozing.

"Cole wake up honey." I tapped his shoulder as he turns a little. It seems very obvious that he doesn't want to get up for anything. Ella yawns while stretching her arms.

Cole shifted from side to side in the bed as he groans.

"What time is it mommy?" Cole asked as he sat up from the bed, hair messy and looking tired.

"It's time to get up, breakfast is almost ready." I began carrying Ella to the bathroom while she's still sleepy. The kids went to go freshen up inside the bathroom while I wait for them to be finished.

Once they was done, we all went down the steps together as Doug started pouring glass drink into the cups for us. Cole and Ella ran to the table to sit. I was impressed by Doug's cooking.

"This looks amazing." I said as Doug's face softens.

"How's my future wife and mom of our babies doing?" Doug rubs my stomach as I blushed.

"I'm doing fine, honey." I said as we kissed. Together we began eating breakfast as a family. Once we was done with done eating, the children went to get ready to hangout with Maya. My sister wanted to take the kids out to the movies and lunch for the whole day which means Doug and I will have the house to ourselves.

"Kids your almost ready?" Doug asked asked as Cole and Ella responded to their dad. The doorbell rings, as I walked to open the door and to my surprise it's Maya who came by to pick up the children.

"Sis, how you doing?" Maya asked as we hugged.

"I'm doing fine, just tired a little." I said as Cole and Ella rush down the steps all dressed up for a day out fun in the sun.

"Bye mom and dad." The kids both said hugging me and Doug, we watched and waved back as Cole and Ella got in the car with Maya.

By the time Maya came and got the children to hangout with her, we finally can have peace and quiet without any stress or constant checking ups. Closing the door, I went to relax by the couch unwinding myself and try to rest up a little when Doug's hands touches my shoulders.