4

Y/N POV

Elliot and Taylor took their own rides to our hotel while the rest of us just took our usual bus. I sat in the back with Pinoe, Ash, and Ali, while Tobin and Christen sat in the row ahead of us. I couldn't keep the smile off my face the entire time, unable to believe I had just met Taylor Swift.

"Dude, you so like her." Ash teased, earning a glare from Ali.

"Ash, leave them alone!"

"What?" The goalie asked, raising her hands defensively, though still smirking.

"Bro I just met her, how could I like her?" I laughed.

"Because she's hot? And Talented? Taylor Swift?" Pinoe stated, as if it was the most simple thing in the world.

"Okay yeah, but that doesn't mean I like her. There's a difference between admiring someone and having a crush on them." I explained.

"True, but most people don't eye fuck people they admire." Ash joked, making me narrow my eyes at her.

"I didn't do that!" 

"Mmm....you kind of did." Tobin added, which caused Christen to swat her arm.

"Not helping, Tobin."

"Guys, she's already dating someone, so it wouldn't even matter anyway. Yeah, I think she's attractive, but who doesn't? I can be friends with someone I think is attractive."

Ash shook her head. "I tried that with Ali. Now we're getting married." 

The six of us shared a laugh at that, joking around the rest of the ride back to the hotel.

I hadn't had a chance to shower after my interview, so the first thing I did was head up to Pinoe and I's room and strip down, finding the cool water to be particularly soothing after such a stressful game.

As I was drying myself off with my towel, I heard quite a bit of noise coming from inside the room. It sounded like laughing and talking, but I couldn't tell how many people were there. I figured Pinoe must have invited people up to hang out before dinner.

I changed quickly into some joggers and a plain t-shirt before hanging up my towel and exiting the room, a cloud of steam following.

"There he is!" Kelley called from my bed, where she sat with Alex and...Taylor.

"Hey, guys." I smiled, meeting the blond's eyes briefly before Pinoe spoke, bringing the attention to where she was, sitting on her own bed with Ali and Allie. Standing near them were Elliot, Tobin, and Ash.

"What's the deal about dinner? Has anyone heard back from Jill yet?"

Alex shrugged. "I texted her like twenty minutes ago. Last I heard she was doing a post game meeting with the other coaches. I'm assuming we're just doing it here. It wouldn't be a very good idea to release all of us to a restaurant before the final game."

"Like what happened a few years ago, when Y/n ate like four cheeseburgers before our Olympic Qualifying Finals?" Tobin snickered.

"Hey, I was hungry man. Besides it's not like it made us lose." I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"Four cheeseburgers? Man I can barely eat one." Elliot voiced, shaking his head.

"Same. But Y/n eats like a fucking goat." Allie spoke up, chuckling. "Whenever we go out they order like half the damn menu."

"Maybe because I burn like ten thousand calories a day? Gotta stay in shape baby. I mean how do you think I keep my two pack? By chugging milkshakes, duh."