23

Y/N POV

"So, what are your plans for the day?" Taylor asked, before eating a fork full of fruit.

I shrugged, setting down my glass of orange juice. "Nothing set. I do have to talk to Megan, though."

At the sound of her name, Taylor's movements paused. "Megan?"

I shot her a cheeky grin. "Don't worry, I'm just making sure she knows we're just friends. I do also have to talk to Alex, though, and grill her about why she never told me you were single."

The blond chuckled. "I'm interested to know the answer."

"As am I. How about you? Got any fun plans?"

"Not really. I think I'm gonna go meet Jack at the studio for a little bit, see if we can't make anything. I want to start my new album soon, but I don't have enough inspiration yet."

Nodding, I smiled. "You can write about our secret affair. I could be your super mysterious lover." I joked, making myself and her laugh.

"Be careful what you wish for, Lacari, because that might just happen."

I raised my hands. "Hey, if it did, I wouldn't be complaining, it'd be an honor. I will say, I am a little salty Dress wasn't about me, but we can work that out during couples therapy."

Taylor rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "Oh Lord. Honestly it isn't even really about anyone specific, it was more of a fantasy than a real life experience. Of course, no one said fantasy can't become real life, did they?" Her voice dropped an octave as she said that, and the seductive look in her eyes nearly made me choke.

"Remind me again of the minimum date rule before you sleep with someone?"

She smirked. "Three. We've been on one, darling. Looks like you're gonna have to wait."

"Hell no, this breakfast is our second one, and the dinner I cook you tonight is our third." I declared, causing the singer to giggle.

"Well in that case, saddle up baby, 'cause tonight's gonna be a fun one."

------------------------

Taylor left for the studio after breakfast, and promised she'd make me a key copy while she was out. Once I was done washing the dishes, I answered a few emails from the Angel City FC staff, then headed out to meet Megan for lunch.

I had been debating whether going out in public would be a good idea due to the nature of our conversation, but thankfully for me, Megan suggested we talk at her place. Unsurprisingly, she lived in a super nice part of L.A., in a mansion that overlooked the beach.

I pulled into the driveway as the front door opened. The brunette stepped out onto her front porch and greeted me with a big smile and a wave. Damn this conversation is going to suck.

I tried to remind myself that this was for the best, and as awkward and terrible as it was to have to have talks like this with people, it's the right thing to do. I'd much rather be up front honest with her now rather than making her think she has a chance, only to lead her on and break her heart later. That would've be good for anyone.

"Hey." I smiled, getting out of my car.

"L.A. seems to be treating you well." Megan smirked.

I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, and rose my shoulders in a shrug. "Yeah." I laughed awkwardly.

"Come on in, the food is almost done."

I followed her into the house, which was just as nice, if not more, on the inside as it was on the outside. "You've got a lovely home." I commented, taking in the clean white walls and large windows.