6

Y/N POV

As expected, a good 90% of the team was pretty hungover the next morning, as we packed and prepared for our flight back to the states, which from the looks of it, was highly anticipated.

Social media had been buzzing since yesterday after the win, talking nonstop about the team and the excitement about us taking home the gold. It was actually quite cool to see how many people had been following our progress over the course of the tournament, and how many new fans we had gained since the last World Cup.

Taylor has also been a big topic among the fans since she was seen hanging out with us the last few days, and it seemed the whole world couldn't get enough.

I wasn't really one for a lot of attention, so it was a bit daunting, but I appreciated the fact that the team was finally starting to get the recognition we deserved.

---------------------------

My friends and I exited the bus, wheeling our suitcases and carrying our bags towards the steps of the private plane USSF had chartered for us.

Most of us just sat how we did on the bus, with Ash, Tobin, Ali, Christen, Pinoe and I sitting in the back, while Alex, Kelley, Allie, and Crystal sat more towards the middle.

The inside of the jet wasn't like normal airplanes, with a tiny isle and assigned seating. Instead it had twenty five large, and very comfortable reclining chairs complete with tables and cup holders.

The flight back to the US was just under eleven hours, and since most of us still had headaches from last night, we all ended up sleeping the whole trip back.

----------------------------

After getting settled in our hotel in Manhattan, the team had dinner and then went to bed early, wanting to prepare for the parade tomorrow morning, and our interviews in the afternoon.

We had one entire team interview on good morning America before the parade, and then Carli, Alex, and Becky had one on around lunch time at the today show, and I had one that night with Jimmy Fallon, which was quite exciting.

All in all, tomorrow was going to be a super busy day, and I did not want to be completely exhausted. 

Currently Ash and I were in our hotel room, chilling in our beds while on our phones. We still had a set curfew since the season wasn't quite over yet, but there was still a good ten minutes before lights out, which I spent playing Plants VS Zombies since social media was a total zoo, and I really wasn't in the mood for more Joe and Taylor pictures.

Speaking of Taylor, I was in the middle of annihilating the final wave when the woman in question texted me for the first time since I had texted her this morning, to let her know the team would be going to her concert this Friday.

Taylor: Hey :)

It was difficult to ignore the sudden jump of my heart when I saw her name pop up on my phone, but I pushed it down, though couldn't hold back my smile.

Me: Hey  

Taylor: You guys have a good flight?

Me: Yeah, we all just slept through it lol hbu

Taylor: I'm safe and sound :D got home about an hour ago

Me: That's good 😄 Are you also jet lagged as hell or just me

Taylor: I am, unfortunately. You excited for the parade tomorrow?

Me: Definitely :)