17

Y/N POV

I bid goodbye to my hotel room that morning after breakfast before Tobs, Ash, and I headed over to Tobin and Chris's house in Ash's truck, ready to load all my shit into it.

It was a hot LA day today, and I had made the mistake of wearing a T-shirt and ripped jeans, which I knew would not be fun to sweat in. However, I was looking forward to hopefully hitting the beach once we were done since Taylor's house wasn't too far from it.

It didn't take very long to get my stuff packed securely into the truck bed, but as the afternoon approached quickly, the already high temperature only increased.

We drove to Taylor's with the AC cranked on max, along with Ash's radio which was blasting Lizzo. As we pulled into the large driveway, the front door opened, and Taylor stepped out onto the front porch, waving at us with a smile.

After we parked, I hoped out of the passenger seat and smiled when she approached. "Hey guys."

"Hey." We all said at the same time.

"My mom's inside with the cats making sure they don't get out, if you guys wanna start moving that stuff in? Y/n I can show you to your room?"

I nodded, grinning. "Sure, thanks."

Taylor looked over at Ash and Tobin, who were both leaning against the truck. "You guys wanna come too?"

"Hell yeah." Ash replied.

"For sure." Tobin agreed.

Together, Taylor led the three of us into the house, giving Tobin and Ash a quick tour before taking us upstairs to show us where I'd be staying. I was happy to find my room was directly across the hall from Taylor's and came with it's own bathroom. 

It was a nice, large room with clean white walls, a great view, and a big closet. 

"Damn, this place is spiffy. I might have to move in here too." Ash joked, nudging me with her elbow.

We laughed, and Taylor shrugged. "I have a lot of room, so just let me know. Alright, I'm gonna go see how my mom is doing. Let me know if you guys need any help moving stuff." The blond patted my shoulder before exiting the room.

My teammates and I just stood there for a moment in silence, and then Ash spoke when we could no longer hear Taylor's footsteps going down the stairs. "Dude, not a single Joe Alwyn in sight."

I rolled my eyes, though couldn't help but chuckle. "Shut it, Ash. We're not having this conversation right now. Let's just focus on moving my shit because if we wait any longer we'll get heat stroke."

The goalie groaned, but conceded nonetheless, and we went back downstairs and to the truck. 

It took quite a bit longer than I would have liked to get everything up to my room, mostly because we had to do so many trips up and down the stairs and it was hotter than a bitch outside, but we managed to finish it.

By the time we were done, sweat was dripping from my head down my neck and chest, soaking into my shirt. Ash sighed, closing the tailgate. "Fuck it's hotter than a bitch out here. Sometimes I wonder why we live in California."

Tobs and I nodded. "I'm fucking melting, bro." Tobin said.

"Same." 

Just then, Taylor popped her head outside from the front doorway. "Guys, we've got some fresh lemonade in the kitchen!"

We all exchanged glances, then took off running toward the porch. I reached it first, laughing evilly when Ash tripped and nearly ate shit. "Be careful!" Taylor scolded, arms folded over her chest.