13

Y/N POV

We got back to the hotel in the late afternoon, having gone shopping for a bit before going to lunch.

I was having a good time, but it would have been better if Megan wasn't all up on me the whole time. Don't get me wrong, I like physical touch, but the feeling of Taylor touching my cheek this morning caused a vastly different reaction than Megan putting her arm around me as we ate, or holding my hand while we walked.

I didn't have the heart to tell her to stop though. Megan was sweet and caring and I didn't wanna hurt her, but jesus lady, lay off please.

What's worse is that I felt badly because I was basically lying to the brunette and making her think I felt the same way, when literally everyone but her and Taylor knew that I didn't like her in that way.

At least I think they knew.

Ash and Tobin definitely did, and Elliot, if he were here, knew. (He was off doing a press day for Umbrella Academy). As far as I was aware, I don't think I had actually told anyone but the three of them about my feelings for Taylor.

It was obvious I was attracted to her, but now that I thought about it, it was a bit surprising that Alex hadn't told me that I should try to get over her since she was with Joe.

That led me to believe the forward just didn't know I liked her friend in that way.

I don't even know, man.

All of this is so fucking complicated when it really doesn't need to be.

And adding Megan to the mix wasn't exactly helping. 

"We have a couple of hours until dinner. You guys just wanna hang out in one of our rooms?" Ali proposed to the group.

I nodded with a shrug while the others just nodded or made a noise of agreement.

"We can do mine and Kelley's since I'm pretty sure it's the biggest one." Alex spoke.

"Good with me." I said.

"Sure." Tobin replied.

We all began to make our way toward the elevators, Megan's hand still in mine.

Taylor was walking a few feet ahead of me, laughing about something she, Alex, Ali, and Christen were talking about. 

I was starting to rethink my whole "spend more time with her again" plan because at this point this was just torture.

It reminded me of high school when I'd be at a party with  my crush, and all of my friends had partners and I was the only single kid who didn't have the balls to make a move. I'd sit there all night thinking about how much more fun it would be if we were together.

I know, not the most productive use of my time, but I couldn't help it.

Taylor was so close with the team now, she was practically part of it, and it's been less than three weeks.

Maybe it was better to keep moving away from her because at least then it will hurt less.

Right?

---------------------------------

Alex had been right when she said she and Kelley had the biggest room.

"HOLY SHIT!" Pinoe yelled, apparently having not expected the room to be that large.

"Bro what the fuck." Ash spoke, beating me to it.

"You guys have a whole ass penthouse while the rest of us are living in walk-in closets!" I whined, making the girls laugh.

"I always said Jill played favorites." Tobin sighed, shaking her head.

"Oh would you guys calm down." Ali said, rolling her eyes. "There weren't enough single rooms left, so this was the only one Jill could get. Alex and Kelley volunteered to stay in here."

"And that changes what, exactly?" Ash questioned, making her girlfriend shake her head. 

"Aren't you guys only staying here for a few more days anyway? Cause all of you live in LA right?" Megan suddenly voiced, almost making me jump since I had forgotten she was even there.

Across from me, Taylor met my eyes and I could see amusement sparkling in them. I sent her a lopsided, cheeky grin which made her laugh a little.

"Most of us, yeah. Some of us will have to bunk with one another while we wait for August, but then Jill wants us back here just to keep us all together during the victory tour." Christen explained.

Megan turned to me. "Do you have a house here?"

The question caught me off guard, and for some reason my gaze shifted to Taylor, who also looked curious. I quickly exchanged looks with all of my teammates, and they understood immediately what I was trying to tell them.

"Uh yeah. My parent's house." I lied.

The short brunette nodded. "Cool."

I breathed a silent sigh of relief. I knew that if I had told her no she was going to invite me to stay with her, and that was the last thing I wanted.

To be fair though, my parent's house being in LA wasn't a lie. Just the part about me staying with them. I didn't have a super close relationship with them- not because they're bad people or anything, but more because we're all so busy all the time, them with their business, me with the team, so we just didn't have much time to talk.

I did plan on visiting them before next month, though.

"You guys maybe wanna watch a movie? Or we could play a board game or something?" Tobin suggested, changing the subject.

"Why don't we watch a movie after dinner and play a board game right now? I packed monopoly." Alex responded.

"Hell yeah! I'm gonna kick your asses!" Pinoe cheered. "I call the car!"

"Dibs on the shoe!" I exclaimed.

"I want the thimble!" Taylor said, and I immediately busted out laughing.

"The thimble?? That little trash can looking thing?"

Taylor's expression turned to playful offense. "Hey! I like it. I think it's cute. Besides, you're one to talk. You picked the shoe." 

"Woah woah, the shoe is fire." I countered.

"And so is the thimble." She smirked.

"If you two love birds are done flirting, we're gonna start the game." Ash cackled, making my eyes go wide.

To my surprise, Taylor just giggled and patted my cheek. "You gotta have someone around to keep you on your toes, right?"

And with that she walked across the circle our friends had formed on the floor and sat down between Alex and Christen.

All the while I couldn't keep my eyes off her.

Fuck I really needed to get a grip.