chapter eleven

-

author's notesomeone said they wanted more soft!hotch so here I am, hope you enjoy the chapter (also I'm sorry for the drama) <3

author's note
someone said they wanted more soft!hotch so here I am, hope you enjoy the chapter (also I'm sorry for the drama) <3

playlist
Apocalypse by Cigarettes After Sex
Sparks by Coldplay
this is me trying by Taylor Swift
Another Love by Tom Odell

chapter eleven

I

"If I am the phantom, it is because man's hatred has made me so. If I am to be saved, it is because your love redeems me" Spence recites, noticing the book you have in your hands. "The Phantom of the opera, a classic"

"When?"

You had stopped asking him if he has read a copy of whatever book you have at the moment. The answer was obvious.

"Seventh grade."

You raise your eyebrows, noticing the little smile starting to form on his lips. Before you can open your mouth to say something your phone starts ringing in your purse. Frowning, you look for it, as Spencer takes your book and walks to the aisle.

"I will pay for this, while you're at it."

"Thank you" you murmur, noticing the unknown number on your screen. Clenching your jaw, you look around before answering, looking for something you don't want to find. "Hello?"

They hung up the call, and you cringe in your position. You try not to make a big deal out of it, but the skin around your nails pays the price, as you start picking it out.

When Spencer walks towards you again, with the two books already paid, you try to put on your best smile. "How much I own you?"

"Don't worry, it's on me" he says, as you walk away from the store.

"Okay, that means the food is on me today then" He narrows his eyes, but ends up agreeing.

You find a cute coffee shop at the end of the street; there is a band playing live and softly in the back and the board with different kinds of coffees is probably longer than Reid himself. Literally the perfect place for people like you and him.

Even though it doesn't look like it, you have discovered that the similarities between both of your personalities are significant. Similar taste in music and books, similar interests, most of the time at least (you have discovered that while you're very good at baking, he is physically unable to fry an egg), and both of you can be a bit of a nerd sometimes. He makes you feel good about it, and you make him feel the same, so you get along quite nicely.

"How much time did you guys stay in the bar last night, after I left?" You ask while sitting at a table for two.

"Not much, actually. Things turned out very... chaotic"