chapter fifteen

Author's note:

HELLO

i'm so sorry for taking so long to update this semester killed me, anyway i have been writing for a week so i can make a marathon !! 🎈i'm posting four chapters in a row !!

please prepare yourself besties because there a lot of things coming; you're going to feel anger, sadness, happiness, shame in no particular order !! yay !!

if you hate any of the character at some point just know that i do too

anyway let's remember they have also been through a lot so yeah she's a little bit traumatized

i hope you like it 🤍

Songs

Messed It Up by Gracie Abrams

"Did I fall out of line when I called you?
When I told you "I'm fine", you were lied to
How could I think that all that I gave you was enough?
'Cause every time I get too close, I just go mess it up"

Chapter fifteen

I

"So, what are you going to do on your free day?"

Morgan's voice can be heard on speaker as you move across the apartment. He has been the best since you broke up with Dylan; constantly checking up on you. Right now you wonder, though, whether he is worried about your breakup or about the way your eyes changed last night when you saw the new couple at the dinner party.

The image still haunts you. Hotch and Beth.

"I'm going to yoga," you say, casually. He chuckles, and you immediately frown. "What about it?"

"Yoga?" He asks, and you know he is raising his eyebrow. "Pretty girl, no offense but you're the least zen person I know"

"I can be zen" You fake indignation, even though he can't see your face.

"Yeah, but yoga?"

"Hey. You were the one who told me I should try it" You say, looking for a bottle of water. "Pretty girl..." You imitate his voice, mocking his low tone. "You're ending a chapter of your story... you should try new things... Yeah. Those were your corny ass words."

Morgan laughs at the other side, noticing your tired voice."So zen"

Rolling your eyes, you smile. "It's going to be good. Maybe I'll buy a smoothie or something"

"You hate smoothies"

"Only if they have kale" you murmur, but immediately shut up. A door shuts right behind you; Emily comes out of the bedroom, wearing her robe. "I'll call you later, okay?"