chapter fourteen

Author's note

Hellooooo so i've been trying to keep this fic super similar to the original story line of the show but i did a modification and you will notice it at the end of this chapter!

Hope you like it!

Btw i'm so excited for the next chapters because i have so many ideas ughhh i hope i can write more this month

Also: triathlon hotch triathlon hotch triathlon hotchhhhhhhh!!

Songs

Don't you by Taylor Swift

"It's been a while, I didn't mean to stare
I heard she's nothin' like me
I'm sure she'll make you happy
But don't you
Don't you smile at me and ask me how I've been
Don't you say you've missed me if you don't want me again"

Always by Isak Danielson

And for every song there's a song we're not singing

For every step there's a step we're not taking

So let me know if there's something I'm missing"

I

A week happens before your eyes, and you manage not to share a word with your boyfriend. You don't really know if it is good or bad, but you haven't seen each other since the fight; your schedules have been crazy, and the only interaction you have had was a yellow post-it note with four words:

We need to talk.

Now it's Friday, and the desks beside you are empty, and the blinds of his office are open. Even though your white sweater is warm and cozy, and you're comfortable in your seat, the silence around you and the need for coffee make you stand up.

First, you knock on the door, then, you listen to his voice. Hotch is working on his desk; even though he doesn't look up, he knows it's you.

"What?"

"I want to make a deal with you," you say, and he frowns, looking at the empty mug you have in your hands. "You let me steal some of your coffee and I don't tell Spencer you have a machine that makes better coffee than the one in the kitchen."

There is a smile on his face the next time he looks at you. "How can I say no to that?"

You smile too, closing the door behind you and walking towards the bookshelf behind his desk like you had all the right in the world. He relaxes on his seat and moves a little so you can have space.

"Nice sweater"

"Thank you", you say, with a smile. "Hey, I'm going to pick up Scooby today."

"Yeah, sure," he says, looking at the way you pour yourself some coffee. "I'll probably be late but Jessica is going to be there"

"Late?" You ask, raising one of your eyebrows. "You can't be late!"

He raises his eyebrows, looking at you.

"It's the last night before the triathlon" you roll your eyes, leaving the coffee machine alone. Without even thinking about it, you lean on the desk and look down at him. "You need to rest."

"I'll rest," he says. "Once I finish this"

You roll your eyes and taking your mug, you get out of his office. His eyes are glued on you, even after disappearing through the door.