chapter twenty three

mini author's note

Okay so i was like i'm going to create expectation and take some time to update but i just can't !! hope you like this chapter !! 🤍

songs

For Island Fires and Family by Dermot Kennedy

I couldn't tell you enough that I'm sorry, and no, you couldn't tell me enough that you love me.
But she is bringing the moon and stars to me, damn permanent reverie.
And even though this is life, this love is brief."

The wight of us by Sanders Bohlke

There are thieves who rob us blind, and kings who ill us fine. But steady, the rights and the wrongs invade us, an innocent song. I'm not ready for the weight of us"

Home by Daughtry

I'm going home, back to the place where I belong.
And where your love has been enough for me. 

chapter twenty three

I

One week later

Saturday
11:00
Washington D.C.

Hotch looks at the closed door of your apartment before calling the elevator.

Jack is right beside him, smiling and wearing his favorite football shirt. "Where is she, again?"

"She is visiting her family" Hotch explains pretending that speaking about you is not painful at all. "In Seattle"

"When is she going to come back?"

Hotch licks his lips, entering the elevator and looking one more time at the door. "I don't know, Jack"

"Don't you miss her?" The little kid asks, smiling innocently and not aware of the effect of his questions.

His father doesn't say anything, but his face betrays him.

"Oh, dad. I miss her too! But I'm sure she is going to come back soon."

Hotch takes a deep breath, as the door closes, and the elevator starts moving.

Like every free Saturday, he tries to spend time with his son. The little kid loves going to the park, play football for a while, and then look at the attractions at the fair. So they do exactly that. It is not until they're seated on the bench, after playing for half an hour and buying ice cream, that Jack seems to remember something.