chapter thirteen

Author's note

Okay so I'M ALIVE! I'm so sorry for disappearing i have been busy with school and lectures, and also i had the terrible idea of being a teaching assistant this year at college and i have nO LIFE.

But i miss writing this fic so much omg !! I was thinking of writing a marathon and posting it but i don't want to wait any longer so i'm posting only two chapters, because it's all i got and i hope you like it and god i'm having verbal vomit i'm sorry

anyway ily guys thank you for reading and commenting !!🖤

Song

Deja Vu by Olivia Rodrigo

"Do you get déjà vu when she's with you?
Do you get déjà vu? Oh
Do you get déjà vu?"

Repeat until death by Novo Amor

"Don't go, you're half of me now
But I'm hardly stood proud
I said it, almost
Oh, I've been low
But dammit, I bet it don't show
It was heaven a moment ago
Oh, I had it almost
We had it almost"

Clean by Taylor Swift

"You're still all over me like a wine-stained dress i can't wear anymore"

Two months later

I

The sound of the clock is the only thing that can be heard in your apartment, as you lay down on the sofa with a book in your hands. When your phone vibrates at your side, it takes a smile out of you; you know exactly who it is.

Your fingers move fast like they have been doing all evening. Then, you focus on the pages once again.

It's the eighth book you have read this year so far, and you're determined to finish today. It is Saturday tomorrow, which means you have to be free to add another one to your list; Spencer and you weren't joking when agreeing on bringing back the bookshop dates, and he has been nice enough to take it easy, a few chapters a day, so you can finish it at the same time. Of course, he keeps reading other stuff to feed that big brain of his, but not the one you're sharing.

Your phone vibrates once again; the only distraction that you seem to allow.

This time, a picture appears on the screen.

It's from Hotch, and you immediately reply.

"Oh my god, it's huge!"

Your eyes go to the picture, analyzing every single part of it. Then, you add something:

"You didn't have to buy Scooby a house, especially one that big!"

"Jack insisted."

"He wanted him to have a place to sleep when he spends the night in here"

"He has been staying a lot in your apartment"

"I'm sorry"

"Don't be"

"It makes Jack happy"

You smile, looking at the screen.

"I'm glad"

"They came again, from the administration. Apparently, someone complained about barks"