chapter twenty one

authors note:

did i sob a little thinking about this chapter? maybe
I hope you like it !!
next chapter is going to be 👀 but i think you'll like it. I still have to write it though.

Anywayyyy sending you lots of love!!!🤎

also: remember i posted two chapters in a row so if you haven't read chapter twenty go there!🚨

songs:

Unsteady by X Ambassadors

"If you love me, don't let go (hold)
Woah, if you love me, don't let go (hold)
Hold, hold on, hold onto me
'Cause I'm a little unsteady
A little unsteady"

Dancing with our hands tied by Taylor Swift

"I, I loved you in spite of
Deep fears that the world would divide us
So, baby, can we dance
Oh, through an avalanche?
And say, say that we got it"

"I, I loved you in spite ofDeep fears that the world would divide usSo, baby, can we danceOh, through an avalanche?And say, say that we got it"

I

With your hands on your hair and a hoodie that seems way too big for your body, you try to fix your ponytail while walking to the kitchen.

"Good morning!"

You sound excited, and for a moment, you wonder where all of this energy comes from. Memories from two nights ago come to your mind, and you try not to get lost in them.

Emily raises one of her eyebrows, and her eyes go down your outfit.

"So, soccer game, huh?"

Last weekend you told them about the game, and she has been laughing about it since then; you don't like soccer, and you hate the fact that they don't even keep score. Still, you borrowed Hotch's hoodie and stayed late baking cookies for the team. The funniest part for her is that you're actually excited.

"Soccer game" you repeat her words, pouring some coffee into a cup. The hoodie you're wearing has a cute message for the team, and Hotch refuses to wear it for some reason.

"I think it's great you're going," JJ says, raising her head from her laptop and giving you a warm smile.

"Thank you," you say to her, then make a face at Emily. When you find her, you realize she is eating the cookies you baked. "Hey, those are for the team!"

Emily moves too fast, and trying not to laugh, takes a bite. "Sorry."

"Oh, shit," JJ says, looking at the time on her laptop and standing up from her chair. "I'm late. See you at dinner?"