~Chapter 6 Wow~

A/N Hi-hi! My whereabouts and explanation are down below, I just gotta say this before you start reading.

This chapter will be complicated to understand so please bare with me. It a little awfully written. I overuse some words, some things happen too fast, and like I said earlier it'll be a little difficult to understand. And I'm sorry!

Also, I know that Simon is very OOC in this chapter.

Simon's POV 

"It's been three weeks!" My younger brother announced from across the room.

I looked down at the assignment I was halfway done with then I clicked on the home button of my iPhone. I read the date and time even though I didn't have to.

The date would be another reminder of what was coming soon. And although I had been dreading it I knew it would come soon enough.

I gulped and answered back to show that I was choosing to acknowledge his comment even though I wasn't truly looking forward to this conversation.

"I think it's time to- '' I spun around the books and almost fell from how quick I swiveled over.

"I still think it's too early!" I see he gets up from his napping form and gives me a surprised look.

I know what he's thinking and he's probably right too! I know it! I just… this is much harder than a thought. 

I've tried it many times before. But everytime I try, something happens to me. I can barely get another word out leading me to give up and chicken out. 

The closest I got to doing it though I was horribly interrupted by her friends and sister.

I think that was when I lost my nerve. In the eighth grade.

"It's been three weeks, fifteen days and a couple weekends where you guys hung out," Alvin broke me out of my thoughts. "You guys were doing great!" He shrugged and I slipped a hand through my hair stressfully.

He was right, my conversations with Jeanette have become more like second nature to me. 

"I know, I just," Both my hands ended up in my hair and I bunched it up by habit and I heard footsteps approach me. "What if I mess up? What will I do next?" 

I can't mess this up! It's a one time only thing! If I mess this up it's over for me!

I feel my hands getting hit twice. "Come on, get your hands outta your hair." I give him a questioning look as I take my hands out of my now messy hair. 

He gives me a firm look. "I need you to calm down." He placed a hand on my shoulder. "Look I get it, you're nervous. That makes sense. But you can't back out of it." 

Even though I already know the answer I ask in a whining tone. "Why not? Can't I just take more time?" 

He gave me a 'seriously' look and pursed his lips. " No. 'Cause you're gonna stay in that 'I'll just do it later' mindset for a reeeeally long time. You need to do it now while you have a chance and you're doing great already." He explained.

He clapped like a YouTuber introducing themselves and calling out for attention. "Now that we established that, let's move on!" He went onto the next topic.

I waited for him to go on. "You can ask her out on…" He trailed off and I didn't even need to check the date to answer that.

"This Thursday." I said 

"How'd you come up with that?" 

"She thinks every Thursday something good happens and they're quite relaxing and pleasant." (I believe that too)