~Chapter 22 Growing problems~

Jeanette’s POV 

I’m still at school,  I’m still here because I told Simon I would talk to Kevin so I will. 

Maybe If I talk to him he’ll stop this. I hope I can fix this. Something brings me out of my thoughts, it was. 

“Hey Jeanette.” Kevin said in a cheerful tone I simply smiled a little but it was sorta fake I’m not really happy with what he did. 

“Hi, Kevin let’s sit down over here so I can talk to you.” We walked over to a table that was in the front of the school. 

“What did you want to talk to me about?” He questioned. “Ok so you know about my date with Simon right?” I asked him. 

“Yeah the whole school knows.” He said in an annoyed tone. 

“Were you… threatening… Simon?” I don’t know why I jumped to that so quickly but I guess it’s because I’m so upset about it I need to calm down. 

“No he’s lying to you why would you trust him?” He stated. 

“I never mentioned Simon telling me and why wouldn’t I trust him? Before we started this date, because it was only one, we're best friends.” I was stating the obvious. 

“Jeanette you can’t just trust him-"

“Who says I can’t?” I asked. 

“Jeanette I want you to know that you shouldn’t date him, he’s smart but he doesn’t even care about you as much as he cares about science.” He said I can’t believe I was actually thinking about this. 

'Does Simon actually care about me?' But Why wouldn’t I believe Simon I have to trust him. He’s never lied to me before. That’s it I need answers!! 

“Then who does? What point are trying to make, Kevin?” I questioned him “I-I Just really like you. B-But Simon doesn’t actually care about you not as much as I do.” He confessed, making me shocked Brittany was right Kevin does like me, that’s why he tried to ruin our date! 

“Of course you don’t care about me as much as Simon does.” I revaluated. 

“What? No,” He was confused. 

“Simon wouldn’t try to almost kill me even if I’m on a date with another guy. But I know you would.” I let my last words leave my mouth and then I left all I heard was Kevin shouting out. 

“How do you know if he wouldn’t do that?” I ignored him and kept on walking, after fifteen minutes of walking I felt guilty because I didn’t fix the problem I only made it worse! 

Great he’s probably going to come back for Simon! What is wrong with me? I’m a huge mess! I have no idea why an incredible guy like Simon would like me. It just makes no sense. I mean I don’t look pretty my personality is a mess I’m smart, getting better with being, confident. But that’s all! 

I don’t know why Kevin would like me either. I’m serious about this, I just don’t understand. I wonder what my sisters are doing. I think I should call someone. Simon First because he has to know. I won’t talk to Brittany or Eleanor because I need to prove to them that I can fix these problems alone. Not Theodore. Other than Simon. Miss Miller, Alvin, or Dave I’ve chosen. 

I never get to talk to Miss Miller anymore so why not her too?

Simon’s POV

I was thinking about what Jenny said earlier.

Her voice giving away bad intentions in her lowered tone. “Simon why don’t we do the project alone? We don’t need Jeanette.” 

“Why not? What do you have against her?” I gave her a curious look while searching her cocoa brown eyes.

“Oh you poor baby, you don’t know what she’s doing?” She inquired probably just feeling bad for me. What now? 

“What are you talking about Jenny?” I was tempted to give her my ridiculed look. 

“I don’t want to ruin your little 'relationship' with her but you need to ask her.” Jenny changed tone of voice from pitying me to being completely careless. 

I don’t know why I feel like I shouldn’t listen to her even though she’s nice to me and she’s not doing anything bad. At least not like Kevin. I should probably trust her, and ask Jeanette.

End of flashback
All of a sudden my bed was vibrating and I grabbed my phone which other than me was that on my bed. 

It’s Jeanette. “Simon I have something to tell you and it’s not good.” I could hear her  worried tone through the phone. 

“Yes What is it Jeanette?” I sat up quickly once I hear her panicky tone. It must be something really bad. 

“Well you know I told you I was going to talk to Kevin about what happened on Saturday?” 

“Yes.” 

“We were talking, and he was talking awfully about you and that turned into an argument because I started losing my patience and I tried to calm down but I couldn’t help it! He even told me he likes me!!” She freaked out. 

“Jeanette it’s ok I understand that dealing with all of this is difficult but I’m always here and I think that I can resolve the problem so don’t worry about him too much.” I reassured her hoping she would calm down. 

“Thanks, Simon and I’m really sorry I am such a mess! I literally made the problem bigger.” She hyperventilated. 

“You’re not a mess Jeanette you try to help and sometimes no matter how much you try it doesn’t come out the way you want it to.” I smiled at how true that last statement was.

A/N I wish someone could tell me that instead of agreeing that I am a mess! 

If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment if you want! 

Have a great day, evening or night! And thanks for reading peeps!