~Chapter 48 Mask of Lies~

A/N i alr know no ones rlly gonna like/care abt this chapter so i kinda just, like Simon says in this chapter 'cut to the chase'
Enjoy it as best you can!

Inhale, exhale.

Simon had to remember those two simple steps. As he buttoned the last button to his blue shirt it's long sleeves were cuffed.

Quick to shift his gaze towards the time, he sped-walked out of the room. "Hey, Si, you're really going to this-this thing?" His younger brothers were of course hot on his heels whilst he rushed down the stairs.

He wouldn't let himself get cold feet. Although he so very wanted to remove this very stuffy clothing and get as far away from the front door as possible, he accepted his fate and swallowed his anxiety that was spiking, back down.

"W-wait... it's not a party?"

"Theodore, if it was a party I'd have been invited." Alvin deadpanned. "Look, shouldn't Jeanette go with you? I mean c'mon this looks suspicious."

Huffing out a response, the blue clad's senses felt drowsy. "No, Alvin. Nothing is suspicious about this."

"Oh, yeah? How do I know that?" The red clad male inquired.

"You don't need to, since it's got nothing to do with you."

"Well, it's got a lot to do with Jeanette now doesn't it?" The middle brother crossed his arms.

"Alvin, don't accuse him of something like that. Simon would never do anything like that. Right, Simon?"

Facing his brothers he yelped. "Of course not!" The two jolted at the sudden outburst. It was his cue to calm his rigid posture. "Guys, look, the whole reason I'm going there," he exhaled a deeper breath before finishing. "is to talk about Jeanette. Jenny is the one making this harder than it has to be. I just, I just want things to be ok and--and easier for her, for all of us. And Alvin I apologize. I'm just a little on edge."

"Breathe Si." The red clad commented.

"I know, I know." Simon shot him a tight-lipped smile.

"No, I mean breathe! You're not breathing!" The auburn teen smacked the elder's back before letting a chuckle out. "You never change man. Hey, I'm sorry too. Ted's right, you'd never do that to Jeanette. Well anyone, but that's besides the point." He shrugged and Simon let himself exhale once more.

He really forgot to breathe once more. This conversation had taken too much energy out of him. He'd been conserving so much of it to get answers out of Jenny.

"Y'know, you don't really have to do this if you don't want to, and I can tell you don't want to. I can help you out if you need it."

"Yeah--no, no." Battling his internal conflict he fought the comfort for his independent self. Although it was the easy option, it didn't guarantee a good end. "No, it's-it's alright, Al, I can handle this on my own."

"Really? Cause-cause you can't even breathe right." Theodore wedged in between their convo once more.

Heaving out a heavy breath, he replied. "No, don't worry about it, Theodore. It'll be quick and easy. Like ripping off a band-aid."

"But those are always scary and long the more you stare at it. It's painful if you pull it slowly but-but you're too scared to yank it cause the-"

"Ted, Little Ted! You're making it worse!" Alvin nudged the youngest as he whispered into his ear.
"But it you do it quick, you'll forget it ever happened!" He shoved the eldest carefully as to not push him down the stairs but to speed him up a little.