~Chapter 47 Confirmation Date~

A/N i started making chipmunk playlists in my yt channel so if you guys wanna check it out go ahead!

im not gonna make excuses, this time around i just procrasinated a lot bcs im always scared i cant meet my own expectations w this story 😭🤧
Im srry i'll try to update more often

Author's POV (ig? Idk anymore 💀💀)

"Oh-ho??" Alvin nudged the green clad male, who shoved the sweater deeper into his backpack. "Gonna return it so soon, eh?"

"Of course I am, it's not mine." Theodore held back on the smile threatening to break out.

"Look, here's a genius method to keep 'em coming, little bro." Alvin tossed an arm around the younger and Simon rolled his eyes practically expecting the move.

"He means ingenious." The bespectacled chipmunk commented.

"Ignore him, Ted, he's just jealous he didn't think of this sooner." The red clad continued. "Pretend you forgot it."

"Yes, so where's the 'genius' part of this 'plan'?" Simon questioned, genuine enthusiasm seeping out of his mouth.

"Simon, I swear on my life if you use air quotes one more time I will personally-" The threat was cut off by Theodore's curiousity.

"I don't get it. What happens if I pretend I forgot to give her, her sweater back?"

Simon groaned, realizing what Alvin had been implying this entire time. "Alvin, just leave him alone already, I highly doubt Theodore likes Eleanor that way anyways. So the 'pla-" He stopped himself from using air-quotes, "plan, is pointless."

Ah, so that was the reason for all of this ruckus this early in the morning? They took the steps up towards the school.

"Where'd you get that from?" The sandy blond questioned, his voice cracking slightly.

It was then that Alvin looked him dead in the eyes before bringing his voice to an awfully high pitch. "The sweater is so warmmm."

"I don't sound like that!" About to whack his older brother with the beloved sweater, he opted for slapping his arm instead to keep the precious torso warmer from being tossed so recklessly.

“Leave him alone, Alvin.”

“Fine, but only because your girl is right over there!”

“My girl?”

“Get real, Alvin.” Simon rolled his eyes at his chuckling brother whilst the youngest turned on his heel to seek his counterpart.

“I made you look!”

"Alvin!" Theodore exclaimed when he found lockers opening and crowds of teens huddling around the corner, yet no sign of the sunshine blonde.

"Theodore, just bring her the sweater before homeroom, alright?" The eldest pushed the mischievous brother forward while speaking to the youngest.

"Mhm." The green clad nodded, his eyes quick to scan the halls once more, noting it was slowly emptying, yet there was still no sign of the green clad chipette.

He tried not to let his disappointment show as he waved at some of his greeting grademates. Trudging in through the cluster of people, he made it to his locker and sneaked a peek at the passerby's before sighing and clicking his locker open.

Pushing past assignments to the side, he hooked his backpack in it. Grabbing the textbook and notebooks he needed for his first few classes, certain words being within an earshot, Theodore accidentally heard, "No one has to know about this, girl."