~Chapter 38 One Last Chance!~

A/N Song above doesn't sound sad but if you watch the scene in the movie you'll understand!

Ok get ready for how dark this chapter might get, and don't say I didn't warn you!

This chapter was started on July of Last year and finished this week! I choose to use no thesaurus and no help from anything online besides spelling check. So this is how I write now!

I hope you enjoy reading this chapter as much as I did writing it!

Authors POV

He didn't know where he was. How he ended up on this mattress and couldn't recollect any of the day before's, events.

Then all the memories came flooding in. Like a wild untamed broken dam. So uncontrollable and merciless. Many waves rushing through and destroying everything in its path. With the dreadful memories came the deeply raw and intense pain stabbing right at his heart. 

The auburn chipmunk had no intention to lift the blanket off his face which was wrinkled with a frown and eyes squeezed shut tightly. He knew he should at least look at the time of day. 

He kicked the covers off of him and the radiating sunshine shot straight at his stiff body. His eyes recognized the room, how he got here he couldn't seem to pinpoint at all. 

It was his room, and he was laying in his bed. 'How strange' The red clad thought out of his "regular context" which consisted of a certain chipette and hated dark ash haired boy.

He looked down to find himself in his favorite colors in a lazy and conveniently cozy outfit. 

His stuffy sweatpants and soft sweatshirt couldn't seem to soothe the cold feeling that engulfed his heart. The emotion was simply ruthless, one that told him it was all false hopes, ridiculous to even think it would happen. 

It attacked him and gave him an insecure feeling. One he had gotten when he was younger. The one that popped up when he had first found out about his feelings of affection towards the blonde. It held him back, and he knew this. He believed it was there to protect him. To keep him from getting hurt. 

Everyday it neglected all his attempts at serenading her, confessing, and sometimes even catching a glimpse into her icy blue eyes. It held him back many, many times and it became stronger as he got older. 

As much as he wanted to give his heart to the chipette it just wouldn't have it. He settled for writing. his every thought he had about her, every emotion he held towards her and and even details not even an ant would notice about her if it sat on her face.

His brother was the only one who saw his true feelings that no one else could even imagine he held for his said 'rival'. It was the most personal item he held in his life and that fact scared him. 

The idea that someone else knew even a small portion of the huge truth made him want to hide from the world. 

He hated that. He hated it with all his being. He didn't want anyone to pity him or believe that he could ever come off as weak. He would rather people think he were obnoxious, rude, selfish, trouble, and even heartless, more than anyone finding out that there was even a slightly weaker, soft, sensitive and insecure side to him. 

He hadn't fought off his older brother's persistence because it was too troublesome to win a girl like Brittany over. It was the simple fact that he didn't have faith in himself to do so. 

He wished he could talk down to it, tell it off. And say that it was wrong, that he could do it, with all the confidence and charm in the world the way he usually did with every other girl.