Chapter 3

Chapter 3

    To say Fenrir was tired was an understatement. For the last two months, they had been traveling from pack to pack in order to resolve the issues of the past and move forward as allies. The history of Lycans and Werewolves was written in blood. For centuries, they hated and fought against one another. Then, the Moon Goddess had enough and finally ordered the fighting to stop. They did not have to be friendly by any means, but no more blood could be shed between the two of them. So Fenrir's great grandfather led them into hiding so that they may replenish their ranks and stay out of sight of the humans and Weres they hated so much.

    As soon as Fenrir became the Alpha and King of his pack, he resolved to finally end the madness. He wanted to allow his own pack to breath as well as possibly have allies for a battle Fenrir knew was coming. For months, the Moon Goddess visited his dreams. She whispered the same works over and over to him.

"It is time, Lycan King. Mend the bonds of the broken path and be ready, for danger is coming to Weres and Lycans alike. Mend the bonds and begin a new history."

    The Lycan elders thought he was insane but they could not stop him. While he did respect their wisdom, he certainly did not like or appreciate their over dated views on the world and the Weres. He happily told them to fuck off and began making rounds to as many Were packs as possible.

The Blue Moon pack was the last. As soon as they established an alliance, Fenrir could lead his pack home and hopefully rest for a while.

"We would rest better if we had a mate besides us", Ragnar grumbled in his head.

    His lycan had a long overdue point. Fenrir Long begged the Moon Goddess for a mate. His true mate, born just for him. For years, the elders pushed for him to simply mate with a female lycan of his choice but he refused. He wanted the mate the Mood Goddess destined him with.

"Finish mending your bond, my child, and soon you will have the reward you seek."

That was what she had whispered to him after he finished his alliance with the River Run pack.

"Perhaps our mate is a Were from the Blue Moon Pack," Ragnar said.

It was possible. Fenrir didn't care if his mate was a Were. None of that mattered to him. He just wanted his destined mate by his side.

"Fen, were here," Adam called from the front of the SUV.

    Fenrir hadn't really paid attention when they entered the Blue Moon packs gated community. But their pack house was large and somewhat impressive. Not at large as the lycan pack house but all the lycans lived in the house. None of them had their own homes on the territory.

"It's probably time for some of them to get their own places. I'm tired of hearing Jax fuck random women around the house!" Ragnar groaned. Fenrir had to agree. He also couldn't wait until the boy found a mate so he wouldn't have to constantly see the walk of shame most of the girls took when leaving his room the next morning.

    They exited their vehicles and stood in front of the house. Fenrir led the way followed by his Beta Adam. Adam had been his best friend since they were children. He made an amazing Beta as he was the only pack member that told the cold honest truth to him, despite the fact that he was their Alpha and King. Everyone else always tiptoed around him. But not Adam.

    He, Adam and the other lycan warriors made their way to the front doors and Fenrir gave a respectable knock. Had his father still been Alpha and King, he would have just barged in. Fenrir was fighting to be much more honorable than he had ever been.