Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Mara's last couple of hours at work were miserable. She mindlessly finished her tasks and ignored Jeremy's constant complaining and nagging. As she clocked out for the day, tears were threatening to spill out of her eyes. There was a heavy feeling in her chest as she stepped out of the shop. Mara truly was looking forward to having Fenrir walk her home. While it had only been a couple of days, she felt as if he was truly making an effort to take his time and get to know her.

But no. He violated her space by having his men looking in on her. He couldn't leave her alone for only a few hours.

Her feet shuffled along the sidewalk on her way to her apartment. Under normal circumstances, she loved her solitude and valued the times where she was alone. Now, she felt empty.

Mara forced her way up the stairs, ready to go inside her place and crash onto the futon. Finally, she reached her apartment. Before she could even get her keys out of her pocket, Mara noticed the door was slightly open. With a gasp, she gently pushed the door, opening it completely.

She stepped inside and her breath became heavier and tears fell from her eyes. Her entire apartment was destroyed. Clothes and other personal belongings were scattered all over the floor. Her television was completely smashed in. Even her kitchen wasn't spared. Dishes and food covered the floor. The carpets were destroyed and her clothes were deliberately torn and cut into pieces. Everything she had was destroyed.

Mara fell to her knees and sobbed. She barely registered the sound of heavy footsteps rushing up the stairs behind her.

"MARA!"

She knew who it was without even looking up. Strong arms wrapped around her and pulled her to her feet.

"Baby girl, look at me!"

Mara didn't raise her head. Instead, she clung onto his chest and continued crying. His arms held her tightly against him. She felt safe in his embrace and the anger she held towards him from earlier was now gone.

"I-I'm sorry! I should have listened to you!" She sobbed. "I shouldn't have pushed you away!"

His fingers gently ran through her hair as she silently cried. After a few more moments, she finally calmed down enough to let him go. He gently stepped around her and surveyed the room. Mara watched as Fenrir's face began to twist and contort into one of rage. In a flash, he whipped out his phone and quickly dialed a number.

"I'm texting you an address. Bring Alex and Jax with you."

Fenrir ended the call and quickly sent the text message. He then wrapped his arms back around her and continued to stroke her hair. She stopped crying but continued to cling onto his chest. After several moments, Fenrir took a step back and forced her to look up at him.

"See if you can find any clothing to bring with you. You're staying with me. I'm not taking no for an answer, baby girl. Try and pack a bag."

She didn't argue or protest in the slightest. She simply stepped around him and went through her dresser, trying to find anything she could possibly wear. Mara was disgusted to discover that all of her underwear was missing. At the end of her search, all she could find was a few shirts and two pairs of jeans. Everything else was destroyed.

Still sniffling, Mara pulled a small duffle bag out of the closet and shoved the clothing inside of it. Just as she was closing the bag, the sound of heavy footsteps coming into her apartment startled her.

In walked three men who, Mara assumed, were Lycans. She recognized Adam but had no idea who the other two were. One man was blonde with blue eyes and a short goatee. The second had messy brown hair and eyes. It looked as if he had just rolled out of bed.