Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Murdock was enraged, howling and yelling as his fists collided with the walls and furniture. Leroy was leaning against the wall with his hand pressed against his nose. His Alpha had already taken his fury out on him and he was now destroying the room. Leroy was thankful as any more anger directed at him could possibly kill him.

After much of the room was destroyed, Murdock stood tall and breathed heavily.

"You failed! It will be almost impossible for us to get the Lycan King's mate now!"

Leroy considered his words carefully. "I'm sorry Alpha, but this isn't over! We will capture the human and kill the Lycan King!"

Murdock huffed. "That's not going to happen anytime soon. The fighters you took with you were too weak and unprepared. We need more time now. More time and more humans! Begin sending teams out to get as many humans as possible. And begin training the ones who survived."

Leroy nodded. "Understood. I'll begin sending out teams to begin grabbing more humans. Also, that one annoying human's transition is done. I'm surprised he survived, to be honest."

"As am I but now he can be useful. Send him to me. I'm curious to see how he turned out."

"Understood Alpha."

Leroy left and Murdock set his flipped chair upright and sat down. He was frustrated and angry. A couple of foolish mistakes lost them their chance to capture his future mate. As much as Murdock wanted to destroy the Lycan King and his pack, part of him wanted a mate and Luna of his own. The Moon Goddess denied him and many of his fellow rogues mates. He could easily satisfy his physical needs with random females, but it wasn't the same as having someone by his side.

A grin spread across his face at the idea of taking the Lycan Luna for himself. She would be reluctant for a while, but he would win her over with some time.

A knock at the door brought him out of his thoughts.

"Come in."

The door opened and a shaking figure entered the room. The human, Jason, was pale and had lost a significant amount of weight. Dark bags were under his eyes as the transformation was painful and wouldn't allow him to sleep.

"Jason, how are you feeling?" Murdock asked with no hint of emotion.

"Like shit," He muttered, stumbling forward.

Murdock chuckled. "It's normal. The transformation is complete. You're just like us now. Well, as close as you can be. Your body is now able to heal at a rapid pace. In about a week, you'll begin training. You need to learn how to shift and fight as a wolf."

Jason nodded. "When will I be able to take Mara back?"

The corner of Murdock's mouth twitched. "Soon enough. We need to train and be ready to take on the Lycans. My Beta is going to find other humans to turn them as well. Once our numbers have increased and we train everyone, we will make our move."

Jason nodded again. "Thank you Murdock."

Murdock's eyes narrowed. "You are a member of my pack. I am your Alpha. You will refer to me as such."

The malice in his voice made Jason shiver. "Yeah, sorry M-Alpha," He quickly corrected.

"That's better. Now go back to your room and sleep."

Still shaking, Jason turned and left, Murdock leaned back in his chair and smiled. Soon enough his army would be strong enough to make their move. Hopefully it would be before the Lycan King marks his mate. If not, then he will make sure Fenrir was dead before he takes the Luna.