Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Mara's eyes fluttered open and she yawned. She was immediately greeted with the sight of Fenrir's face. His eyes were closed and he was even snoring lightly. Rather than move away, her eyes began to scan over him. The blanket only covered the both of them up to their waists, leaving Mara a good view of his body.

Her eyes trailed over him, examining every detail of him. The scar of his face looked deep but had long since healed. She wondered when and how he got the scar. The rest of his body looked to be nothing but pure muscle. Mara couldn't deny how attractive he was.

After staring at him for several moments, she sighed.

What the hell is happening to me? He is a total stranger yet I let him touch me so intimately last night. And I stayed the night with him! This isn't me! Why am I acting like this?

Mara rejected the idea of her having any kind of mate bond with him. She wasn't a Lycan or a Werewolf. But she couldn't deny how at peace and safe he made her feel.

Maybe giving him a real chance wouldn't be so bad.

Mara was drawn out of her thoughts when Fenrir suddenly yawned and opened his eyes. He smiled at the sight of her.

"Good morning little mate. Sleep well?"

She blushed and looked away. "You don't have to keep calling me that, you know."

He raised a brow. "Calling you what? Little mate?"

She nodded and he smirked. Before she could move, Fenrir's arm wrapped around her waist and he pulled her up against him.

"What about baby girl?"

Mara felt her face heat up as he slowly began kissing her neck.

"Yeah, I like calling you baby girl," He whispered.

Before she could respond or move further, a sudden thought struck her. She sat up and began to frantically look around.

"Wait, what time is it?"

Just as Fenrir sat up, Mara's eyes landed on the clock against the far wall. It was 8:40am. Mara jumped out of bed and frantically began looking for her clothes.

"What's wrong?" Fenrir asked.

"I have to be at work in twenty minutes!" She exclaimed.

Fenrir pulled back the blankets and exited the bed.

"You left your clothes in the bathroom last night," He said, chuckling.

Mara rushed into the bathroom, ignoring the sound of Fenrir laughing. She found the pile of clothes on the floor next to the shower. Within minutes, she was dressed and exited the bathroom. Fenrir had just finished slipping on his shirt when she saw him. Mara couldn't deny that he looked good in his black jeans and T-shirt.

"I need to get going. Thank you for yesterday. It was a lot of fun."

Fenrir raised a brow and gave her an arrogant smirk. "Are you talking about the day we spent together or when I ate you out on the couch?"

Mara's face turned bright red and he laughed at her expression.

"Sorry, but I can't help but mess with you a bit. I'll walk you to work."

She didn't bother trying to argue with him. Mara knew he was going to walk with her, whether she wanted him to or not. As soon as Mara grabbed her bag, Fenrir was leading her out of the room. Her heart pounded in her chest as she quickly walked in the direction of her work. Mara's biggest pet peeve was being late. Not to mention how her boss Jeremy would never let it go. He would hold it over her head for weeks until he would forget about it.