Chapter 34

Chapter 34

"Remember, if you feel even the slightest bit uncomfortable or if he hurts you again, I'm just a text away! I'll be there before you can finish sending it!"

Mara smiled at Lidia's words as she helped her finish making the bed. She knew Lidia wasn't happy with her decision, but did nothing to stop her. It was either she support her decision or risk losing her friend.

"I hear that the Lycan Pack is about five or six hours away. Please text me to let me know you made it there alright."

Mara nodded. "I will. And I swear, if there's any reason I need to come back, I will call you."

Lidia smiled. "Good. Maybe Fenrir will let me and Zach come visit you sometime. Hopefully, the other Lycans won't get too pissed off about that."

"Well, if they are open and accept me, then there should be no problem with you guys coming to visit."

Mara and Lidia made their way out of the bedroom and headed to the kitchen, ready for some breakfast before Mara left with Fenrir and his warriors. Once they entered the kitchen, they were surprised to see the warriors already sitting at the kitchen table, quickly eating the delicious spread in front of them.

"Goddess forbid, can you save some for everyone else?" Lidia snapped at them.

"Lidia, chill. There's plenty for everyone," Zach said from the head of the table. "They need to eat so they can head out."

Mara looked around the table. "Where's Fenrir?"

"Right here, baby girl."

Mara and Lidia jumped in surprise, not having heard him approach them from behind.

He chuckled at Mara's expression. "Sorry, I couldn't resist. Would you like to sit with me?"

Mara gave Lidia a sideways glance. She simply smiled in response and gave a small nod, letting Mara know she didn't mind her bailing on Mara eating with her. Mara nodded at Fenrir and they found seats on the other side of the table.

She carefully filled the plate in front of her with eggs, bacon and a piece of toast while Fenrir filled his with eggs, bacon, pancakes, potatoes and toast. Upon seeing the small amount of food on her plate, Fenrir winced.

"You should eat more. It's about a six hour drive back home. We can stop for bathroom breaks but this will be the last meal we have until we are home."

Mara shook her head. "This is fine. I'll be ok until we get to your home."

Mara made it a point to refer to it as his home and not hers. He looked as if he wanted to say something, but quickly closed his mouth and went back to eating. She let out the breath she was holding and turned back to her meal.

One by one, the warriors finished eating and made their way out of the kitchen, thanking the cooking Omegas on their way out. Soon enough, it was just Mara, Fenrir, Lidia and Zach sitting at the table.

"So are you staying here Mara? We can get a room ready for you," Zach asked between bites of his breakfast.

Mara swallowed her eggs but didn't look up at him. "I've decided to give Fenrir a chance and go with him to his pack."

She looked up in time to see Zach glaring at Fenrir. "Mara, I swear we will protect you with our lives. You are family to us. You don't have to go anywhere you don't want to go."

Fenrir glared at Zach. "Mara is coming with me because she wants to! I'm not making her do anything! She will be safe with me and my pack."

Zach gritted his teeth. "Sure, a human amongst a bunch of Lycans who happen to hate humans. What could go wrong?"