Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Murdok casually leaned back in his chair with his feet propped up on his desk. Many thoughts ran through his head. So far, their plans were moving full speed ahead. Just not as fast as he hoped.

After a few minutes of silence, there was a firm knock on the door and his Beta, Leroy, entered.

"You have a report for me?" Murdok asked, continuing to lean back in his chair.

Leroy nodded. "We secured three more humans to begin the changing process. Unfortunately, two from the first round we grabbed couldn't take the change and died. But were seeing some progress from the others."

"And the new guy? What about him."

Leroy rolled his eyes. "The guy's a fucking baby. Hasn't died yet but won't stop crying about the pain."

Murdok snorted. "I almost regret grabbing him but he's the first willing human we have."

Leroy raised a brow. "So are you really going to give him the woman after we finally get rid of Fenrir?"

Murdok snorted. "Of course not. You should know me well enough by now. As soon as we are done with the human, we no longer need him alive. But I do wonder how the human Luna would handle the change."

Leroy raised a brow. "You want to try the experiment on Fenrir's fuck toy?"

Murdok smiled. "Imagine Fenrir seeing the abomination his Luna becomes. A hybrid of a Were and Lycan. She's a Lycan's mate so she must be strong enough for such a change! Oh, to see his face would be glorious!"

Leroy smiled. "So, are you giving me a new mission?"

Murdok dropped his feet to the floor and sat straight in his seat. "Yes! Grab the Lycan king's mate! Bring her here and we will begin the change."

Leroy nodded. "Understood. I'll see to it myself."

Murdok nodded and Leroy exited the office. The Alpha leaned back in his chair and smiled.

"If she survives the change, perhaps I'll finally get a mate of my own!"

---

After dropping Mara off at work, Fenrir swiftly made his way to the Blue Moon Pack. Adam had called them last night and requested an audience with Alpha Torin and his Luna. He was sure that Zach would be there as well.

As soon as Fenrir and Adam went into the Alpha's office, he was right. Alpha Torin, his Luna Bella and their son Zach. Torin invited them to sit and Fenrir, along with Adam, accepted the invitation.

"I was informed that you requested an emergency meeting with me, Lycan King."

Fenrir nodded. "Yes. Thank you for seeing me. I'll cut right to the chase. Rouges were spotted in the human city. A couple of them."

Bella immediately tensed while Torin and Zach looked angry.

"Where were they spotted?" Zach asked.

"At the human mall. I was there with Mara yesterday. There were two of them. I couldn't go after them without risking Mara's safety. They were gone before my warriors could catch them."

Torin was silent for several moments. "You couldn't find any trace of them or where they have gone?"

Fenrir clenched his fists. "None."

"They could have just been passing through," Zach said. "Maybe trying to get through our territory. We should increase our patrols. More warriors patrolling together and closer to our borders."

"I agree." Torin said, nodding at his son.

"I'm sure your pack will be safe," Fenrir said. "But it looks as though they weren't traveling through. When I was there with Mara, we were sitting down having lunch when the rouges showed up. They were watching us. These aren't rouges passing through. Something tells me they are living close by."

Everyone was silent for several moments. Suddenly, a ringing was heard coming from Adam's pocket. The Beta stood and removed his phone from his pocket.

"Please excuse me. This is Jax checking in."

Adam swiftly exited the room, gently closing the door behind him.

"Unfortunately, the rogues haven't directly come into our territory. The human city is not ours. However, we can increase our patrols and see about making rounds in the city. Perhaps they aren't dumb enough to come onto our lands but we can try and catch them in the city and see what their intentions are."

Fenrir wanted to disagree. He wanted them to work together and find the rouges. Find them and get rid of them. Fenrir wasn't one to seek and destroy rouges. If any passed onto his territory, he gave them a fair chance of explaining themselves before any judgment was made. But Fenrir instantly knew these rouges meant trouble. Especially after the way they looked at himself and Mara.

Fenrir opened his mouth to argue when Adam burst back into the room, a panicked look on his face.

"Fenrir, we need to get to the city! A rogue tried to kidnap our Luna from her workplace!"

In a flash, Fenrir and Zach bolted out the door with Adam following close behind.

*Authors note: Hello all! Hope you are enjoying the story! More to come as soon as I can fix my internet issues and juggle my personal life. There's a lot of things I've been struggling with, including depression. Writing has always been my escape but lately, things have gotten out of control for me. I will write and update as soon as I can. This site has also been giving me a lot of problems, as far as connecting and logging in. Thank you all for your patience and I hope you enjoy the story!