Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Fenrir's mood significantly dropped as soon as Mara's bedroom door closed behind him. Knowing Mara was going to fully heal satisfied him and Ragnar, but now there were other issues to deal with. The first to deal with involved the rogues chained in his cells.

The cells were built deep into the basement of the pack house. As he passed the large black door that was his playroom, his cock twitched at the thought that Mara may one day join him in there. But it certainly wasn't something he would push her into. His tastes weren't for everyone and while Mara enjoyed being tied up and blindfolded, that didn't mean she would enjoy every other element to it.

He forced the thoughts away as he continued down the hall and he finally reached the door to the cells.

As soon as he entered, the Lycans on guard duty immediately stood to attention.

"Welcome back Alpha," Derrick said.

"Yes, welcome home," Allen followed.

Fenrir nodded at the two in acknowledgment and made his way towards the two cells of interest. They had over a dozen cells but the first two cells closest to the door were occupied by two rogues who were chained to the wall.

He approached the cells, hatred and anger rolling off his body. The rogue's dirty and scared appearances did not appease his hatred. Fenrir and Ragnar both wanted blood in atonement for their mate's suffering.

"Has anything been done to them?" Fenrir asked his warriors, not looking away from the shivering men on the ground.

"No Alpha. Nothing outside of the silver chains that are holding them now," Derrick replied.

Fenrir nodded and held out his hand. Both Lycans knew what he wanted. Within seconds, keys were placed into his hand and Fenrir swiftly opened the cell with the shivering brunette. As soon as the cell opened, the man immediately crawled away into the far corner of the cell, making Fenrir smirk.

"I can smell your fear, rogue. After what you and your friends have done, I can't help but bask in it. It's safe to say you and your other friend there will die. But if you cooperate and answer my questions, I won't make it so painful."

The rogue in the corner whimpered as the chains rattled in the cell next to them.

"Fuck off, Alpha King! We will tell you nothing! Our Alpha will take your mate from you and-"

Fenrir was no longer listening. In a flash, he quickly exited the cell and closed it back behind him. His warriors had large grins on their faces as, with lightning speed, Fenrir opened the second cell door and stormed inside. As soon as the cell door opened, the rogue stopped speaking and his eyes went wide in fear.

As soon as the door was opened, Fenrir lunged forward and grabbed the rogue by the throat.

"I'm sorry, were you trying to say something?" He growled, holding the rogue against the wall.

The man sputtered and tried to speak, but failed as Fenrir's grip around his throat tightened.

"What did you say? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

His final words came out in a snarl as he began slamming the rogue into the wall. He cried, whimpered and scratched at Fenrir's wrist as best he could, but to no avail. Before the man could black out, Fenrir dropped him to the floor and kicked him in the stomach as he fell.

The rogue promptly vomited, blood and the contents of his stomach emptying out on the cell floor.

"Disgusting," Fenrir growled, delivering another kick to the man's chest. "When it comes to rogues, I try to be fair. I listen to their side of things, as I know that some rogues don't deserve unfair treatment."

He then knelt down and grabbed the whimpering man by his hair, forcing him to look up at him.

"But you went after my mate!" Fenrir hissed. "My beautiful mate who I've been waiting almost a hundred years for! I will make all of you suffer for the pain you inflicted on her!"

He then slammed his head back onto the hard floor, knocking out the rogue. With a sigh, he stood and made his way back to the other cell where the other rogue was sobbing. Fenrir opened the cell and gave a sadistic smile to the cowering man in the corner.

"Now, let's try this conversation again, shall we?"

Mara was alone for about twenty minutes before Dr. Ruth came to her room with a cup of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. She didn't realize how hungry she was until she set her eyes on the food. Her face turned red as her stomach growled, causing Dr. Ruth to chuckle.

"It's alright, Luna. You must be starving. Let me help you to the sofa and you can watch some television while you eat."

Once Dr. Ruth placed the tray of food on the coffee table, she assisted Mara in getting to the couch. Once she was comfortable, Dr. Ruth handed the remote to Mara.

"Thank you doctor," Mara said with a smile.

Dr. Ruth returned the smile. "Your welcome Luna. Please enjoy your meal and I'll be back in a while to check on you."

Mara blushed again. "Doctor, you don't have to call me Luna. Please just call me Mara."

"Of course. I'll see you in a little while, Luna Mara."

The doctor chuckled at her own joke as Mara glared at her. As soon as the doctor was gone, Mara sighed and began flipping through the channels. She finally settled on a movie and began devouring the grilled cheese sandwich, hoping that Fenrir would come and see her soon. Part of her felt empty without him with her.

"I can't believe I have feelings for someone I hardly know. I can't say that it's love just yet, but I definitely feel something. I hope I see him soon."

She tried to push the thoughts aside as she continued eating her meal.