Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Fenrir and his warriors quickly found accommodations in the human city. His men were under strict orders to blend in and harm no humans. As soon as they were settled into their rooms, he sent him across the city. He needed to find her and quickly. He had no doubt that Torin's family would get to Mara and try to hide her from him. After several hours of wandering the city, his phone rang. It was Adam.

"Fen, I haven't found our luna yet. But I spotted Beta Lidia downtown. She could be on our way to our luna."

Fenrir finally felt a spark of hope.

"What area are you in?"

Adam quickly told him and Fenrir took off. He knew he needed to find Lidia. Even if she wouldn't tell him where Mara was, she could still lead him to her general location. He was confident that he would find his mate by the end of the night.

After several turns down many streets, he sniffed the air and picked up Lidia's scent. Another turn down a street and he spotted her. She was coming towards him in a great hurry. He had no doubt she was heading straight to Mara's location. He hurried forward and stopped a few feet away from her. She must have finally smelled him because she looked up and gasped.

The two regarded each other for several moments before her eyes narrowed. Fenrir took several long steps forward until he was standing right in front of her.

"Beta Lidia," He greeted politely.

She glared at him and grinded her teeth. "Lycan king. What brings you to downtown?"

Fenrir smirked. "You know exactly what I am doing here. And I know exactly why you are here."

Lidia gave out a low growl. "And why am I here?"

Fenrir slowly leaned down to whisper into her ear.

"To go see Mara."

As soon as he stood tall again, he saw a look of pure hatred on her face.

"I think I'll visit her another time."

She swiftly turned to leave and Fenrir swiftly grabbed her arm and stopped her from moving.

"Beta Lidia, you have two choices. You can go home and wait another day to see her. But we both know you led me to an area she is in. Her home? Her work place? It doesn't matter. And I don't care if it takes me all night. I WILL find her. You can go home and let me find her myself."

Lidia snatched her arm out of his grip. "And the second option?" She snapped.

Fenrir pointed to the small coffee shop right next to them.

"You come inside and sit with me for a while. Your call."

Lidia looked completely shocked and seemed to be weighing her options. Fenrir could feel Ragnar become restless inside of him. He didn't want to waste time. He wanted to continue the hunt for his mate.

After several moments, Lidia finally sighed and made her way inside the coffee shop. Fenrir had a smile of victory on his face as he followed her. Both of them swiftly found a small table in the far corner. Neither of them cared to order anything to drink.

"What do you want?" Lidia snapped as they sat down.

Fenrir ignored her cold tone and leaned forward.

"It's clear you care about Mara very much. So do I. You know I would never hurt my mate. I'm almost a hundred years old Lidia. I've been looking for her for so long. I would like your help in finding her."