Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Fenrir sat on the edge of the large bathtub and waited for the elders to finally speak. He knew they were seething in rage right now.

"Alpha Fenrir, there has been gossip around the pack house that you have finally found your mate."

"Yup. That is true."

"There is also the rumor that she is human."

"Yup. Also true."

There was a strong silence before another one of them got the courage to speak again.

"Alpha Fenrir, a human Luna and Queen will not be accepted! We have avoided humans for good reasons! We have no doubt that the Moon Goddess made a mistake. Please hurry and reject-"

"I'm going to stop you right there," Fenrir snapped. He was desperately trying to speak in a more hushed tone so Mara couldn't hear him. "I will not reject my Goddess given mate! She was given to me for a reason. It does not matter that she is human! She will be taught well the ways of Lycans and she will be welcomed and loved in our pack!"

"Alpha, you cannot be serious!" Another snapped.

"Oh, I'm dead fucking serious! She is your Luna and Queen! If she is not treated with respect, then heads will roll. Starting with all of yours!"

"Alpha Fenrir, this is unacceptable! If your father-"

"Fuck my father!" Fenrir snapped. "He is not your King or Alpha anymore! I am! And I will tell him the same thing if I ever see the old bastard again! She is mine and once I return home with her, she will be your Luna and Queen! I will hear no more of this! Now, is there any more business to discuss that does not involve my mate?"

There was a strong silence on the phone. Fenrir wondered if any of them would have the balls to say anything more about Mara.

"I'll take the silence as a no. Not that you all care, but I have succeeded in securing all of the Werewolf packs into an alliance. As soon as I finish some last minute business here, I will be sending Adam and my warriors home. Adam will take over command from Garret and I expect you all to listen to his commands. I will return home as soon as possible."

"We still do not understand why it was so crucial for you to make alliances with the Werewolves. You cannot be so foolish as to think a paper contract will make sure they honor any alliance!" A gruff voice said.

Fenrir was trying hard not to snap his phone in half in frustration. "As I have been telling you all for MONTHS!... The Moon Goddess demanded we all come together. She has warned me for years of oncoming danger. Now when the time comes, we will have alliances."

"Alpha, how could you turn your back on years of tradition and training?" A seething voice snarled. "We thought your father well taught you the old ways and why they-"

"Don't you dare say that they worked! Are you fucking kidding me? For years I watched my father tear down the pack with cold words and cruel tactics! The Moon Goddess kept me on the right path! I listened to her guidance for years. And it sickens me that NONE of you want to follow the path she is leading us on! Your own Goddess and you are rejecting her ways! NO MORE! I am King! I am Alpha! And you will listen to me, like it or not!"

As the words poured out of him, Fenrir felt as if weights were lifted off of his chest. He held onto those words for years during his training and upbringing. Having Mara with him seemed to have given him the strength to finally let it all out.

After a few deep breaths, he held the phone tightly to his ear again and heard complete silence on the other end. Fenrir knew they had heard every word. He smirked at the idea that they were too scared to speak.