26 || missing hurts

"I fell in love with you,
A man.
That the world is in love
With too.
So why would I have ever expected
You, to notice that my love,
Belongs only to you?

I can't seem to find someone
else to give this love to,
And one day when I find
The type of man,
Who can love me back;
Even though he sees me
And my heart with all its gaps.
He'll see room for growth.

And we'll fall in love,
But I'll always remember
That the first time I fell
Was for you, like the
Rain from above
It pours."

"I can't believe he didn't reply after reading that." Lou said snapping my book shut.

"See the thing is ..."They both turned and gave me a look, saying 'bitch what have you done'.

"I kind of did some last minute editing before I sent him a copy."

"Why?" Viv asked groaning.

"Because I'd feel pathetic if he read that."

"It's real life Cara, sometimes - and I hate to break this to you - we can't always come across as strong, especially to the people we love. Sometimes in order to be honest and true and real and brave you have to risk sounding a bit pathetic." Lou said pulling me into a hug.

"Plus you'd never sound pathetic, only po-etic." Viv winked at me. "So enough about that boy, when's this book being published?"

"Two weeks."

"Wait we'll be here when it's officially published?!" They screamed jumping up and down.

"I'm so glad you guys like it!"

"Are you kidding, this is one of the most beautifully annoyingly relatable books I've ever read." I rolled my eyes at Viv's exaggerating.

And sure enough, a month later after the official release of my book Viv was on the phone to me telling me she told me so.

The reaction to the book had been insane. All of a sudden I was hearing through Lou and Viv that they were seeing people reading it on the metro. And a few times I saw it in a few bookstores.

Every time I'd see my name printed through the glass window I'd go inside and buy a copy, even though I had one at home always. I just didn't want the sales to flop.

That's when I realised I didn't need to worry is when Lou called me telling me that everyone was putting two and two together that these poems were either about Timothée or some other guy.

Everyday that the phone rang I picked it up with the wish that it would be T on the other end congratulating me.

On a day where I hadn't though about that possibility at all. I got sent a link on my laptop from Lou and Viv.

It was Timothée.

In an interview.

It was just a minute clip so I didn't bother getting emotionally prepared for it.

"And rumour has it that your ex - Cara has published a poetry book about you. How do you feel about that?"

"Um." He looked so uncomfortable. For a split second he looked in the camera lense and it was like he was looking at me.

The missing him was starting to hurt.

"I mean, i uh - we're not you know, we're not - either way she's an amazing writer you know. But uh,"

He did his awkward little laugh, "but uh- I wouldn't presume they're about me. You know ha ha ha."

He coughed a little and took a sip of water before straightening out his suit.

"But yeah, they're amazing. And i uh - i uh wish her all the best."

His face disappeared and I collapsed onto my bed head first crying into my pillow.