12 | velvet

The doorbell was metal and grand. I looked back to see my girls in the car their heads stuck out. They smiled at me. 

"What did I do to deserve you guys?" I called out. Vivien jumped out and pressed the buzzer. 

"Now is not the time. You have a boy to woo." She winked and kissed my cheek before running back into the car.

Adele had texted Timothée saying she was coming over to talk so it would be a surprise, that part was her idea. Either way my nerves were skyrocketing. 

The shots were screaming "fuck it" at me and for once in my life I was going to listen.

"Adele, come up, I should warn you I'm in a mood." He buzzed. 

With each stair I took my stomach flipped. 

I was at his door and before I could think I was knocking.

It opened and there were those eyes. 

Those beautiful eyes. Those eyes looked so dark and confused.

He was wearing basketball shorts and a white t shirt. His hair was wet and he had a towel in hand. A wave of tangerine and amber hit me and we stood for a moment taking in the sight of each other. "Hi." I breathed out.

He flipped the towel over his shoulder and leant against the door frame. 

"Hey." 

His voice nearly broke my heart. He sounded cold and yet his eyes were still so promising.

I knotted my fingers together. 

"Can I come in?" 

I had to focus on my voice with such intensity for fear that it might sound like a plea.

He opened the door wider. "Sure." He paused.

 I stepped inside, his hand still leant on the door frame.

 I couldn't prise my eyes off of his to look at the apartment. 

"What're you doing here?" I was taken aback by the question but this time his voice didn't sound cold, just confused.

I stepped closer to him. 

I couldn't control myself now, my feelings were going to take the wheel and fuck knows what that meant but I knew it meant honesty.

"I wanted to see you." 

He didn't say anything. 

"I heard you left and then I heard you came back and I wanted to see you."

Silence filled the room. 

"I wanted to see you because I like how I feel when I'm with you." I tried one last time.

I looked around me, here I was in Timothée's apartment, it was a chaos of posters and art leant on the walls and boxes everywhere.

 I turned my body away from him trying to brush off the impending feeling of rejection.

I swayed a little through the room. I stood in front of a battered leather sofa. I perched on its arm.

He closed the door and stood completely still. He was beautiful. 

His lips parted and then they spoke. "Cara you have a boyfriend."

I almost snorted a little. I shook my head.

"No?" He asked - pissed off.

"No Timothée I don't have a boyfriend." He didn't talk. 

"Why didn't you call me?" I asked, god I hated how that sounded.