06 | pt 1. heavenly surprise

The morning crept in like it does with light and vibrance and noise no matter the state of your hangover. 

I got ready quickly, and pulled my hair into a low ponytail. I transferred my keys and wallet from my bag and phone from Léos' jacket.

It wasn't until I was on the metro and trying to find my phone that I realised that on the inside of my case someone had slipped in an Ace of Heart.

I smiled to myself. I wondered that even if I did have T's number if I would use this as an excuse to message him. I texted Adele instead saying I was near and in need of coffee. 

On the walk to her apartment I realised that I actually lived in Paris. I had friends, a home and a sort-of maybe crush. I smiled down at my shoes and thanked my wishes. 

All that had been replaying itself in my brain had been last night. 

How Timothée looked, how he felt, how he smelt like tangerines, sandalwood and magnolia's. He smelt like tangerines. 

He sounded like a very dangerous man. Dangerous, as in how much charm he possessed and how little he opened up.

I buzzed up to Adele to find her wrapped in a duvet at the door. It was 2pm. 

"Shhh." She gestured to come inside. 

The blinds were all shut and all her windows were open. It was a cool and dark haven from the outside. 

"I'm surprised you're here right now." She whispered. "Thought you'd be with Timothée." I laughed rubbing my forehead. 

"It was just the drink." I opened one of her balcony doors and leant against the rail. 

Adele clambered into bed with an ashtray and a pack of cigarettes. I boiled a pot of coffee and bought it over to her. 

We sat in her bed. 

"I'm guessing you guys stayed out much later than we did." Adele grimaced in response. 

"He gave me this." I showed her the card. She raised her eyebrows. 

"Does it mean anything to you?" I nodded. "That's why then. Honestly, and if I'm wrong blame my hangover not me, but I saw something Cara." 

"Yeah everyone seems to be saying that. And yet no one is telling me the whole truth."

"Some truth's are not for us to tell. Be patient." I laughed, 

"of course the requirement for T would be to possess the one virtue I don't have." I shook my head. "Why do you call him T?" I shrugged. 

"Are you going to sketch me?" Adele laughed.

"I can try. Let's talk for a little while longer. What's your back story?" She asked.

"I don't know. I grew up in the countryside in England, nothing changed back there - I guess that's what I'm in search of. I just want to have the time of my life. I'm like everyone else." 

Adele smiled. 

"You're very good at hiding aren't you..." The door buzzed. 

Adele laughed. "I've got to go, prepare the studio. You stay here." What was going on? She slipped out of the room pulling on some jeans. 

She stubbed her cigarette out in the sink. I kissed her cheek at the door and handed her some sunglasses. 

She unlocked the door to reveal T. 

"Gotta go! See ya two." She called skipping down the stairs laughing.