The Beginning of the Rest of Her Life

each of the novellas has a song that goes along with it and inspired the relationship, so this novella is "Begin Again" by Taylor Swift! it will make more sense in further chapters, I promise 😂

Harry: 34
Camryn: 34
Darcy: 17
Bowie 12
Bindi: 8

November 2028

"C'mon baby,"Michael pants straddling her hips, "let's just do it."

"Michael, you don't have a condom,"Darcy reasons trying to push herself out from under him, "you know I'm not comfortable with that."

"It's just one time,"Michael tries to reason.

"Yeah, and I was just 'one time' for my parents too,"Darcy says, successfully getting out from under him and climbing to the passenger seat, "will you just drive me home?"

Michael sighs, rubbing a hand across his face, "you're no fun, Darce."

Darcy feels tears well up in her throat, but she pushes them back down. She doesn't want to give him the satisfaction. She learned it's not worth it a long time ago. That's what two years of dating Michael Ross will do to you.

"I'm sorry, I just don't want to,"Darcy replies, looking straight forward, "will you just please drive me home, I'm tired."

"I'm not driving you home,"Michael simply states, starting to get mad, "you already snuck out to see me, so why don't you just enjoy it?"

"Because I said no!"Darcy yells looking back at him. Her heart stops when she sees his face. She shouldn't have yelled. She knows better than that. "Michael, I-"

"You're a bi***,"Michael shakes his head, his hands forming fists at his sides, "it's a miracle I'm still with you. You know I could leave you any time I wanted to, right?"

Darcy looks away and mumbles under her breath, "I know. You tell me enough times."

"What'd you say?"Michael asks crawling forward to begin to get in the front seat, "don't do that. If you have something to say you can say it right to my face."

"Sorry,"Darcy mumbles, casting her eyes down to her lap where she's playing with the many rings on her hands.

Michael looks down at the rings, "I hate those."

"I like them,"Darcy murmurs.

"You've gotten so weird,"Michael sighs, shaking his head, making his dirty blonde hair fall into his eyes and climbing into the driver's seat, "you used to be so fun, so cool when we were younger."

"We've both changed,"Darcy replies.

"I don't like how you've changed,"Michael says, gripping the steering wheel.

Darcy thinks back to the Michael she knew 2 years ago when they first started dating. She could say the same thing about him.

He reaches his hand over, grabbing Darcy's hand to prevent her from playing with her rings, "stop that."

Darcy winces as how tight he's holding onto her wrist, "okay."

Michael lets go of her wrists and her fingers immediately go around it, slightly rubbing it to try and make it feel better.

"Oh stop that,"Michael rolls his eyes, watching her rub her wrists "it didn't hurt that bad."

"Kinda did,"Darcy murmurs.

"You're ridiculous,"Michael sighs and rubs his hands over his face again, "I can't believe you went through all this trouble to sneak out and you're not going to do anything."