I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant (BIRTH CHAPTER)

Josh: 37
Darcy: 35
Penny: 17
Via: 14
Violet: 8
Lucy: 7
Delilah: 5
Twins: 4

November 17th 2046

8:00 am

Looking back on it, she probably should've known. She should've known that the ache in her back felt eerily familiar. That the pains wrapping around her stomach every few minutes of so are pains that she's felt before, but of course her mind didn't go there. Why would it?

She's not pregnant. After having the youngest five girls so close together, her period became pretty sporadic and irregular, so it was hard for her to track, but she just had a few days of bleeding a few months ago that she attributed to her period, so there's no way she could be pregnant.

In fact, the thought of being pregnant doesn't even cross her mind even though she's been having pains for about two hours while she lays in bed.

Her stomach, although a bit larger, was never a question for her. She had five babies in four years, so of course her body doesn't look like it once did. Those five pregnancies caused her to have a bit of a weight gain, and she never lost all of that weight, so with that as well as the extra skin around her middle from her pregnancy bumps, she never questioned the same belly she was getting. It was no where near a pregnancy bump. She always had pretty large bumps that were pretty much unhideable past fourteen weeks, and her stomach was soft and squishy whereas pregnancy bumps are hard and firm.

She's breathing through another cramp, laying on her side with her head laid against the pillow and her hand against her lower back trying to apply a bit of counter pressure as she hears her bedroom door creek open and the sound of four little footsteps tiptoeing against the wood floor with a little giggle entering the air that she'd know anywhere.

"Excuse me? What are you two doing here?"Darcy coos with a tired grin, peering over at her little twin girls who have entered her room, their hair sleep messed and a bit tangled, hanging at their shoulders in their matching pajama sets that have little bunnies patterned all around the cloth.

"Hi mama,"Sophie greets, pushing her messy hazel hair back from her eyes before putting her hands down on top of the mattress, using Josh's empty space to lift herself onto the bed while Millie, her twin sister with Down Syndrome, follows closely behind.

"Hi baby, c'mere, did you come to give me snuggles?"Darcy murmurs, holding her hand that was pressing against her back out towards her twin girls who both crawl anxiously towards her, both of them climbing on top of her to hug her and snuggle close to her.

"Mmm, I love you both, hello,"Darcy grins in complete bliss as Millie lays down on top of her now that Darcy has moved to lay on her back, even though her back is aching tremendously and is begging her to not lay on it, but it means that she gets to snuggle her little girl closer, so she'll take the aching any day.

"Mumma, you got sleepy eyes,"Sophie sweetly points out, laying on top of Darcy's arm that's laid against the bed, her body right next to Darcy's as she reaches one of her fingers out to tap against the bags against Darcy's lower eyes, showing the restless night of sleep she had.

"Do I have sleepy eyes? I am very sleepy,"Darcy chuckles softly, turning her head to nuzzle her nose against Sophie's before puckering her lips and pressing a kiss to Sophie's tiny pink ones. "You crazy girls make mumma tired."

"Mama,"Millie lisps out, her bottom lip a bit fuller than the top which makes it stick out, her almond eyes searching Darcy's face as her sweet brain tries to collect the words she wants to say.

"Yes? What do you have to say Millie May?"Darcy coos, turning her full attention to her precious little girl as her fingers comb through Millie's brown hair, tucking a few thin strands behind her ear. "What is it?"