A Year of New Beginnings and Healing

Darcy: 18-19

tw: mention of rape and abuse and sexual assault

Two Days After Penny is Born

"Are you ready to meet everyone, sweets?"Darcy coos down at little Penelope who's laying on Darcy's thighs, her feet braced against the coffee table in front of the couch.

"We got you all fancy to meet everyone,"Calum whispers with a smile, sitting next to Darcy while Penny holds onto one of his fingers.

"Oh yeah, are you going to meet all of your uncles?"Darcy coos, dragging her finger along Penny's hairline that's adorned with a light scattering of brown hair. "Well, I guess they're like your Great Uncles since they're mummy's uncles."

"Oop, her bow fell,"Calum murmurs with a smile, repositioning the bow on top of her head.

"You look so beautiful,"Darcy bubbles, leaning her head down to press kisses to Penny's forehead.

"Nana is so excited to meet her,"Calum says, looking up at Darcy with a wide smile. "When she called mumma last night they stayed on the phone for like an hour just talking about Penny."

"Really?"Darcy asks with a smile back at her little brother. It makes her feel so good that people are happy to meet her little baby. Being a teen mum it's sometimes hard to feel like people are excited for you, but it seems like everyone in her family wants to meet her sweet baby girl. "For an hour? You're sure?"

"I'm sure,"Calum chuckles sticking his tongue out at the little baby as her big blue eyes look at him.

"Hey mate!"

She hears his voice all the way from the front door and it makes tears spring up in her eyes automatically. Uncle Liam. Her best friend since she was a baby is about to meet her baby.

"Hey, how are you,"she hears her dad greet and then a loud pat seeming that they've given each other a hug.

"I'm good, mate. Congrats, Gramps! How are they,"Liam asks as the two of them walk past the kitchen.

"Oh hey!"Camryn greets, running out of the kitchen from where she was preparing lunch for everyone and giving Liam a big hug.

Liam walks into the living room with Harry standing next to him and freezes once he sees Darcy sitting on the couch with the baby on her thighs.

She looks exhausted, but she's glowing. Her hair is plaited into two French braids and she has on one of Lennon's baggy sweatshirts. It seems as if she can't take her eyes off of her baby girl—maybe it's because she hasn't since she was born. She's forever in awe of this little human that she was blessed with.

"Oh princess,"Liam whispers in complete awe, looking at Darcy with the biggest heart eyes of all time, slowly pattering over to her to sit on her other side that Calum isn't on.