And at Last I See the Light

Josh: 26
Darcy: 23
Penny: 5
Via: 3

TW!!! depiction of a seizure and mentions of sexual and physical abuse as well as drug abuse

March 7 2035

"C'mere munchkin,"Josh chuckles as he picks Via up onto his hip, walking through Darcy's hallway as he uses his hand to straighten out Via's sleep shirt. "Let's go brush your teeth with Penny and Darcy."

He uses his shoulder to push open the door to the bathroom and finds Penny sitting on the bathroom counter with Darcy leaning up against the opposite wall singing the ABCs.

"It's how we know how long to brush for,"Darcy explains with a smirk as she goes back to "lmnop".

"Ahh,"Josh nods, setting his little girl next to Penny and beginning to push a bit of toothpaste onto Via's toothbrush.

"Mummy look,"Penny giggles with a smirk as she motions her head down towards her and Via's interlocked hands.

"You two are so sweet,"Darcy smiles, resting her back against the bathroom wall.

The two little girls continue to brush their teeth, giggling at each other as little foamy toothpaste forms at the corners of both of their mouths.

"Via Faye,"Josh jokingly chastises, "get that toothbrush moving. Don't just suck on it."

Darcy laughs as she watches Josh take Via's toothbrush as he cups her chin, brushing her teeth for her since she was being a little stinker and not doing it herself.

"You're a little stinker,"Josh chuckles, scrunching his nose at Via.

"Josh look!"Penny exclaims through a muffled mouth full of toothpaste, biting down on her own toothbrush as a joke.

"Oh are you biting down on your toothbrush too?"Josh exclaims, dramatically sighing and rolling his eyes. "Well I guess I'll have to brush your teeth too!"

Darcy smiles as she watches Penny giggle as Josh switches from brushing Via's teeth to brushing Penny's, cupping her little chin in his hand.

"C'mere, sweet girl,"Darcy beams, grabbing a wash cloth and wiping at the edges of Via's mouth as Via grins.

Josh runs Penny's toothbrush under the faucet to wash it off and bumps his hip against Darcy's. "You missed a spot." Just as she looks over at him curiously, wondering what spot she missed on Via, he takes his wet hand that he put under the faucet and flicks it towards her.

"Oh!"Darcy exclaims with a giggle. "I'm gonna get you for that!" She reaches her hand under the faucet as Josh rushes past her, trying to escape the water zone.

"C'mere you bugger!"Darcy calls with a smile, running after Josh and through the halls of her small apartment. She finally catches him at a dead end and wraps her arms around his waist from behind, reaching around his shoulders and placing her wet hand across his face as she feels his belly chuckle against her arm.

"Daddy!"Via giggles, running after the two adults as Penny follows quickly behind.

"Oooo the water monster likes little girls too,"Darcy warns, holding her hands up towards the little girls and flicking leftover water on both of their faces as well.

"Ahh! Mummy!"Penny giggles, wiping the water off of her cheeks.

"C'mere munchies,"Josh says, picking Via up on his hip and then looking over at Penny who's watching them with a bit of jealousy in her eyes. Seeing her best friend have a dad has made her a bit more aware of the fact that she doesn't have one.