Violet's Birth

Josh: 29
Darcy: 27, 41 weeks, 1 day pregnant
Penny: 9
Via: 6

5:30 pm- labor starts (5 centimeters)

They started around 4 in the afternoon. They came slowly and weren't too intense, so she did a good job at hiding them from the girls. She continued to make dinner, only stopping when she had to grip onto the counter and breathe through one. She masked them from the girls for about an hour and a half before Penny finally got suspicious.

"Hi baby,"Darcy smiles, leaning over the kitchen counter and turning her cheek on her hand to look at little Penny who's standing beside her and looking up at her with the most concerned eyes.

"Are you okay, mummy?"Penny asks, noticing the way her mum is heavily leaning on the counter and shaking her hips.

"I'm just fine, baby,"Darcy assures her little girl, cupping her chin in her hand and squeezing it gently. "Don't you worry. I think your little sister is coming to meet you, though!"

"Really?" Penny's eyes widen as she looks up at her mum with an extreme excitement. "Tonight?!"

"Well, she might not be here by tonight, but probably tomorrow morning,"Darcy explains with a gentle smile.

"But your tummy is having ouchies?"Penny asks, her eyes glancing down to Darcy's big bump.

"Yeah, my tummy is getting a few ouchies,"Darcy nods, rubbing a hand over her swell of a stomach. "But I'm just fine. I'll be okay, 'kay? So don't worry about me."

"Okay,"Penny nods with a gentle smile. "Can I go tell Via?"

"Sure,"Darcy chuckles, pinching Penny's cheek gently. "You can go tell her that she's going to be a big sister tonight!"

Another half hour went by of Darcy stopping every 5 minutes to sway and breathe through a contraction as they slowly pick up in intensity.

"Hey my girls!"Josh calls as he opens the front door, his keys dangling against the lock. "I'm home!"

He's greeted by two separate voices exclaiming daddy! as they run down the stairs from Penny's room and jump into Josh's arms.

"Hi babes,"Josh smiles, kneeling down as he hugs each girl with one arm and presses kisses to their cheeks. "I missed you both! How was your guys' days at school?"

"Daddy, I have to show you something,"Penny exclaims, suddenly remembering as she turns away from him and runs back up the stairs to grab something.

"Hey beautiful, I'm home,"Josh greets, his heart skipping a beat as he walks into the kitchen to see Darcy bracing her hands on the counter as she shakes her hips.

"Hey,"Darcy breathes, turning her head over her shoulder to give Josh a tight smile. "I missed you."

"You okay?"Josh whispers with Via on his hip as he walks up to Darcy and rubs a gentle hand over her lower back as she pinches her eyes shut and her face screws up.

"Yeah,"Darcy nods, blowing out a slow breath as she straightens up slightly. She turns around to look at him and smiles widely, "are you ready to meet your baby girl today?"

"Really?"Josh exclaims, his eyes bugging out of his head as he looks Darcy up and down as if he could notice a change. There is a bit of a change, her bump looks even lower, if possible, than it did this morning. "We're having a baby?"

"We're having a baby,"Darcy confirms, wrapping her arms around his middle as he kisses the top of her head.

"How long have you been feeling them?"Josh asks as Darcy pulls away slightly to give him a peck on the lips before scooping a piece of chicken onto two plates for the girls and scooping some rice, completely casually as if she isn't in labor.