The Twins' Surprise Gender Birth

Josh: 33
Darcy: 31
Penny: 12
Via: 10
Violet: 3 1/2
Lucy: 2 1/2
Delilah: 1 1/2

August 9th 2042-- 7:00 am

"Be gentle,"Josh whispers, spooning his body behind Delilah's tiny body as she reaches her tiny hands towards Darcy's breast, her mouth opening wide with want. "Don't wake mumma up."

"Mama mil-,"Delilah babbles, tilting her head up to look at Josh upside-down with a big grin, her brown eyes lit up tiredly.

"Yeah, you can have mumma's milk, just don't wake her up, she's tired,"Josh explains, wrapping his arm around Delilah's waist before he presses a kiss down to her sleep messed hair that already curls just like Darcy's.

He looks over at Darcy who's still peacefully asleep, finally after tossing and turning for the whole night. They were both well aware that in every single pregnancy she's ever had she's gone overdue, but they weren't expecting her to go overdue with the twins as well. There's no way, right? Surely two babies would want to come out faster...

Wrong. Her due date was yesterday, and after many tears last night exclaiming how done she was and how she just wanted to meet her babies, she's finally found some peace from her endlessly aching back in sleep.

She looks so beautiful as she lays on her side in just her panties. She stripped of the big shirt she was wearing when Delilah came into their bed around one in the morning. It was a rough night for her and she just needed some comfort from her mumma, found through breastfeeding. Josh didn't mention anything to Darcy at the moment, but it seemed vaguely familiar to how all of her other labors started. Their youngest girl would always become extremely attached to Darcy the day before the baby came, almost as if they could tell that everything was about to change.

"Ni' ni',"Delilah murmurs, looking up at her mum who's using her own hand as a pillow, her lips smushed and slightly open with her other hand resting on top of her bare bump that's larger than any of her previous bumps, the look of it alone making Josh's back ache.

"Yeah, mummy went night night finally, huh?"Josh whispers, reaching over Delilah's body to brush a strand of Darcy's curly brown hair from her cheek as Delilah continues to sleepily nurse.

"Are you being gentle?"Josh checks, peeking over at Delilah's latch before nodding and resting his cheek back down on his pillow. "Good job being gentle."

"Sawf,"Delilah says through a mouth muffled with milk, her lips still around Darcy's nipple.

"You're being soft? Good job, baby,"Josh chuckles softly, rubbing his hand against Delilah's little bloated belly. "Are you going to be so soft with the babies when they come too?"

"Bawe,"Delilah confirms, pressing her hand against Darcy's bare breast as she continues to suck.

"Yeah, your babies are going to come so soon,"Josh hums, snuggling his front tighter against Delilah's back as he brings his fingers up to comb through her hair.

"Mmm, who's that I feel?"Darcy whispers with a little smirk, not yet opening her eyes as she reaches her hand down to comb the tips of her fingers against Delilah's freckled cheek.

"Oh mumma's awake,"Josh coos, pressing a kiss to the top of Delilah's head before smiling over at Darcy. "Did you wake her up?"

"No, the babies did,"Darcy smiles, peeking her eyes open at Josh before bringing her hand up from Delilah's cheek to trace her fingers against Josh's freshly shaven cheek. "Good morning, mister."

"Good morning,"Josh hums, smiling over at Darcy as he settles into the feeling of her fingers rubbing up and down his cheek. "Are they kicking you?"

"So much,"Darcy exhales heavily with a little chuckle, reaching for Josh's hand and reaching it across to rest on the side of her bump. "They're going crazy."