Lucy's Birth

Josh: 30
Darcy: 28, 42 weeks, 2 days pregnant 
Penny: 10
Via: 7
Violet: 13 months (1 year and 1 month)

Harry: 45
Camryn: 45
Calum: 21

November 11 2039

8:00 am (5 centimeters)

"JOSH!"Darcy yells, her heart pounding out of her chest as she looks down at the puddle of water on the floor below her in Violet's room as her hands remain frozen in the air, outstretched towards Violet who's bouncing up who was bouncing up and down in her crib, but is now completely silently as her big curious brown eyes peer down at where her mum is looking.

She hears footsteps banging down the hallway before they skid to a halt outside of Violet's nursery, swinging the door open as he runs in, his chest heaving and his eyes crazed as they look over Darcy.

"What?!"Josh frets with a panting voice, "what's wrong? What's going on?"

"She's coming,"Darcy grins with an awed expression, unable to believe that this is finally happening and she points towards the puddle in between her feet.

"Holy sh—"Josh catches himself, looking down at the pile of water in between Darcy's feet and then looking up at Violet sheepishly. "Wow, okay, awesome, this is great. Um...um, what do we need...? Towels! We need towels and uh...the pool we need to set that up..."

"Josh?"Darcy grins, her hands holding her big bump, much bigger than any of her previous pregnancies, in between her hands as she looks at him with the most loving eyes as he begins to pace around the room.

"Yeah?"Josh asks, peeking up at Darcy quickly from where he was picking up one of Violet's dolls on the floor. Why, you may ask. Well, that's a good question. He doesn't even really know himself, all he knows is that cleaning up is helping him take his mind off of thing.

"Breathe,"Darcy grins, giving her swollen belly a rub as she chuckles breathily at Josh's panic.

"Right, okay, we're okay,"Josh nods, blowing out a deep breath between pursed lips, "are you okay?!"

"Yeah, I'm totally good, actually,"Darcy nods with a big grin, waddling over to Josh and wrapping her arms around his waist as his arms wrap around her body as well, pressing kisses to her forehead, "I haven't had any contractions yet...this is so weird, I've never had my water just break right at the beginning."

"Yeah, this is so different than last time..."Josh nods, widening his eyes as he tries to still his heart that's running laps. "What happened?"

"I just walked in here to get Lettie and I was reaching towards her when I just felt this pop and then I looked down and there was so much water,"Darcy explains casually, "my back has been a bit achey since I woke up, but I thought it was just like how it's been achey for the past few weeks...apparently not though."

"Apparently not,"Josh agrees with a chuckle, pressing one more kiss against Darcy's lips before walking towards Violet's crib who has begun to fuss a little, her arms reaching towards her parents.

"You just do whatever you need, alright? I'll get this cleaned up and get the girls their breakfast,"Josh tells Darcy, dropping his jaw dramatically at Violet and making clappy hands towards her as she squeals and bounces up and down, her arms holding onto the edge of the crib as her panting increases while Josh gets closer.

"Dada! Dada!"Violet babbles, reaching one little smooshy hand towards Josh as she uses the other one to keep her upright on the bed.

"It's my Lettie! My baby girl!"Josh exclaims dramatically, reaching out to lift Violet out of her crib and settle her on his hip. "Kisses? Can I have kisses?"