Delilah's Birth

Harry: 46
Camryn: 46
Josh: 31
Darcy: 29

Grandchildren
Penny: 11
Via: 9
Violet: 2
Lucy: 14 months (1 year, 2 months)

DECEMBER 31 2040

4:50 pm-- 5 centimeters dilated (5 hours in labor)

"Do you need help mummy?"Penny asks, walking by Darcy as she watches her halt in the hallway and begin to shake her hips, blowing a deep breath between her lips.

"I'm good, sweet girl, but thank you,"Darcy grins comfortingly at Penny, not wanting to scare her little girl, especially right before the party. "I'm just gonna grab something from the kitchen, okay? You can go get in the car with daddy."

"Okay,"Penny nods, warily watching Darcy make it into the kitchen where she thinks she's out of Penny's gaze as she leans over against the wall, bracing her forearms on it and collapsing her forehead down onto her arms with a deep breath and a little whimper as her knees bend in pain.

Penny quickly rushes out the front door and finds Josh placing a sleeping Lucy in her carseat as Violet spunkily protests sitting in her carseat that Josh has already strapped her in, her little arms and legs failing around as Via sits in the third row of the van, biting down on her bottom lip as she fights with her hand eye coordination to find the buckle of the seatbelt.

"Daddy,"Penny calls, panting as she runs towards Josh, his head snapping over his shoulder at the sound of urgency in Penny's voice. "Mummy's having contractions."

"She's what?"Josh asks, his eyes bugging out slightly as he looks at his oldest little girl, continuing to blindly buckle Lucy in according to his muscle memory. "Where is she?"

"She's in the kitchen,"Penny explains, climbing into the car and climbing over the seats to get in the back with Via. "She's pretending like she's not, but I caught her."

"You're a sneak, Penelope Camryn, and I love it,"Josh chuckles, shaking his head as he presses a kiss down to Lucy's warm forehead. "I'm gonna go check on mumma, okay? You girls stay here."

Josh quickly shuts the car door before briskly walking up towards the house and pushing the front door open, walking down the hall and finding Darcy leaning against one of the walls in the kitchen, her forehead rolling against her forearms as she breathes evenly and deeply, her hips swaying soothingly.

"Hi,"Josh grins, walking behind Darcy and placing his hands on Darcy's lower back, rubbing his hands there soothingly as he hears Darcy sigh in relief at the feeling of his hands combatting the pain that's beginning to pick up intensely.

"Mm, hi,"Darcy whispers, blowing out a breath between her pursed lips as she whimpers tightly, putting her flat palm against the wall and scrunching her fingers against it, trying to grip onto the flat surface.

"How long have you been feeling these, huh?"Josh asks, shaking his head at the fact that Darcy hasn't said anything, and yet with a contraction like this he knows that she's fairly far into labor. He does remember her looking a little pained at breakfast, but he didn't think much of it because she's always pained in her last few days of pregnancy, especially when she's overdue. "How long have you been hiding them from me?"

"All afternoon,"Darcy admits, exhaling heavily before she pushes off of the wall and shakes her shoulders, placing her hands on top of her big swollen bump as she grins tiredly at Josh.

"You're crazy,"Josh chuckles, shaking his head and pressing a kiss to Darcy's lips as she leans her head forward to rest against his chest, holding her hands around her baby bump, one on top and the other on the bottom.