I Don't Want a New Daddy

Josh: 26
Darcy: 23
Penny: 6
Via: 3

September 6 2035

"Finally asleep,"Josh sighs, collapsing onto the couch next to Darcy as as giggles and pats his tummy.

"Are they?"she questions, leaning over to press a kiss to his cheek. "You were up there for quite a while."

"I had both of them laying on top of me,"Josh chuckles, turning his head to the side on the couch. "I had to figure out how to get them off of me without waking them up."

"Penny's a very light sleeper,"Darcy smirks, combing her fingers through Josh's hair as she studies him with a grin. "I'm surprised she didn't wake up."

"Oh she did,"Josh laughs with wide eyes. "Twice. I got Via off of me easily because the little thing sleeps like a brick, and then every time I'd go to move Penny, she'd whimper and wake up and grip onto my shirt and look at me with her big blue eyes and go 'Joshy, don' go!'"

"That little stinker,"Darcy giggles, shaking her head as she lays her cheek down on Josh's chest, snuggling into his side as he wraps his arms around her. "She knows exactly what she's doing. She knows you're too much of a sap to ever leave her to go to sleep on her own."

"They've got me wrapped around their fingers,"Josh sighs dramatically, dropping his cheek on top of Darcy's head and giving her a squeeze. "Reckon they've realized that we've all been having sleepovers almost every night as of recently?"

"Nah,"Darcy giggles, tracing her fingertips against Josh's stomach. "I think they're just happy that they get to have sleepovers with each other."

"I think I like having sleepovers with you too,"Josh flirts, putting his hand under Darcy's chin to tip it up so that she's looking at him as he smirks down at her.

"Mmm, do you?"Darcy hums with a grin, pressing her lips against Josh's "I like your bed, it's much more comfy than mine. We're gonna get backaches tonight since we're sleeping in my bed."

"Mmm, maybe you should just move in with me,"Josh hums against Darcy's lips, smirking as her eyes snap wide open.

"Nuh uh, mister,"Darcy shakes her head, scrunching her nose at Josh and tapping on his chest with her pointer finger. "No moving in until we get married, I've told you this."

"Oh so we're getting married are we?"Josh teases, wiggling his eyebrows down at Darcy with a sly smirk plastered on his face.

Darcy reddens immediately, feeling her stomach shrink up. "No! I mean, I dunno! That's not what I meant!"

"It's okay,"Josh chuckles, hugging Darcy tighter and laughing at her embarrassed demeanor, pressing kisses to the top of her head. "You're so cute."

"I just don't want to move in until we're married because of the girls,"Darcy explains, her voice muffled as she presses her face into Josh's shirt, "we gotta keep things stable for them."

"I agree,"Josh promises, kissing the top of Darcy's head repeatedly and rubbing his hand down Darcy's back.

Now some might find it a bit strange to be talking about marriage before they've even said "I love you" to each other, but not for Josh and Darcy. Even though the idea of marriage is mainly just something that they bring up to tease each other, there is some seriousness in it. Everything has to be a bit more serious than normal since kids are involved.

Neither Josh nor Darcy wanted to just "innocently" date because they both agreed that "innocently" dating could be very dangerous for the kids' emotions. There's so much more pressure when kids are involved.