15 || contact

alexa, play apartment by bobi andonov

DAY 15

        It had been a whole day since Amelia had spoken to James.

        Ever since she had stormed off to her bedroom last night, she was determined to elude him for the rest of the next day. There were so many things that were wrong about their encounter, so many voices screaming in her head telling her that this couldn't happen, but she found it painfully hard to stop herself each time. Did she just crave the physical touch she hadn't experience in so long? Did she care about James? These were the thoughts that made it impossible for her to fall asleep at night. 

        Amelia's heart fluttered at the thought of running into him, therefore, she ate all of her meals inside the safety of her room - only coming out to grab whatever she wanted to eat before retreating back inside. She immersed herself in her book, took a few naps, soaked in the bathtub ... all to stay away from him

        What had gotten into her? 

        Getting involved in any kind of way with a patient could potentially sabotage the entire thing. All she had worked so hard for, all she had spent so many nights laying awake thinking about. Despite being an expert at helping others process their feelings, she couldn't even process her own. 

        She let a loud sigh escape her lips as she rolled over in her bed to see the glowing red numbers on her alarm clock that read 3:58 AM. Flinging her comforter from her body in annoyance, she climbed out of her cozy mattress and quietly tiptoed out of her room and down the hallway - beelining it to the kitchen. The only thing that sounded remotely soothing right now was the strawberry ice cream in the freezer that was calling her name. 

        The crisp air from the freezer felt nice on Amelia's skin as she opened the door to grab the ice cream, setting it on the counter-top and whisking off the lid in no time. Grabbing a large spoon, she began to dig in with a low, gratified groan as she closed her eyes, shoving a spoonful into her mouth. 

        What she hadn't realized was that James had heard her moving around, therefore, came into the kitchen to see what she was up to. Much to his amusement, she was dwelling in the remnants of her ice cream, her beautiful eyes closed as she enjoyed the taste. Oh, how he wished Amelia was tasting him. His eyes trailed over her pale, pink pajama set hungrily - her tiny shorts that did the curves of her hips justice, her little tank-top that was tight enough to show off her perky breasts.