22 || second session

alexa, play panic room by au/ra

DAY 22

        "Are you sure you want to do another session?"

        Amelia watched James from her position on the white chair opposite to the couch in the living room that he was sitting on, notebook and pen in hand, as she awaited his answer. She was quite surprised by his sudden urgency to sit down with her again, the determination lighting up his blue eyes like fire. The pace at which his progression was moving was becoming slightly difficult to keep up with these days. 

        This either meant he was going to spiral downwards again or keep going. 

        "I have a good feeling," James assured her in a softer tone, one she was still trying to get used to, as he relaxed against the back of the couch. "And I don't remember the last time I felt that, so, yes I think we should." 

        James was determined to show Amelia and everyone else that he could do this. Most importantly, he wanted more than anything to prove to himself that he could do this. It was awfully maddening to constantly live in the shadows of The Winter Soldier. 

        His words had obviously made Amelia very pleased - the way her hazel eyes scrunched up as her rosy cheeks lifted into a tiny smile in his direction. 

        "Okay, let's begin," she said coolly. 

        She waited patiently as James readjusted his position on the couch, already looking more relaxed than he had appeared during their last session. His elbows were resting on the tops of his wide thighs, his raven-colored hair swept back into a low bun, as his eyes fell on her once he was comfortable. 

       "How are you feeling today?" Amelia continued, taking the end of her pen in between her lips nonchalantly. 

        "Better. A lot better." 

        "What makes you feel better?" she questioned curiously. "What positive changes have you made since our last session?"

        Bucky undoubtedly felt ten times better talking with her this time around compared to the last. Amelia was always very effortless to have a conversation with, but it was different now, she made him feel like he had been talking to her all of his life. The anxiety, the hesitation he had once felt, gone

        "I don't feel so angry anymore," James admitted with a composed expression, intertwining his metal fingers with his normal ones. "I feel ... like I can breathe. I think your treatment plan suggestions worked well for me."