35 || passion and pain

alexa, play smoke - son lux remix by bobi andonov

18+ warning - smut

DAY 35

        Darkness. 

        The shroud of complete murkiness engulfed James fully. The silence around him was deafening. He couldn't see anything in the obscurity of his dream haze, only pitch black emptiness. The eerie setting made a queasy feeling settle into his stomach. 

        A quiet ringing grew inside of James' ear, the echo of the stillness reverberating inside of his head, building and building until he realized that it wasn't the sound of ringing at all - it was the sound of someone screaming. 

        And suddenly all he could see in the vast enormity of darkness around him was the sight of Amelia, tears streaming down her rosy cheeks, her hazel eyes wide with fear. Panic rose inside of James' chest as he realized that his metal hand was wrapped around her neck, squeezing and squeezing until there were no more screams erupting from her throat. 

        Her tiny, petite hands clawed and pulled weakly at his death grip. James wanted more than anything to let her go, but his hand never flinched, it was as though he had no control over it at all. He couldn't even tear his eyes away, they were unwillingly glued on Amelia's face, forced to watch as the life slipped out of her features. 

        He killed her. 

        James awoke from his nightmare in a sweaty, distraught state, his lips parted as his chest heaved up and down with wavering breaths. Sitting up swiftly in his damp bed, the adrenaline rush that stemmed from the terror he had encountered while watching Amelia die in his dream was full blown now. His body was overcome with tremors, his legs wobbling underneath him as he flew as fast as he could to Amelia's bedroom. 

        He had never had a nightmare that wasn't about his past before. 

        The only thing his brain could focus on in this moment was seeing her. He needed to touch her, make sure she was okay, make sure she was breathing, alive. All of his other thoughts were completely blurred. 

        James wasted no time rushing over to Amelia's sleeping figure, curled up peacefully in her comforter with her wavy hair sprawled out across her pillows, grasping onto her shoulders and shaking her gently. He hadn't even noticed the tears that were falling down his cheeks.