28 || midnight hour

alexa, play when i don't have you by idarose

18+ warning - smut

DAY 28

Flashback to Seven Days Earlier

"Can I ask you for a favor?"

Amelia gazed up at Steve hesitantly as they stood in front of the elevator doors before he departed after their outside trip this morning with James. He glanced down at her with curious, blue eyes as he brought one hand up to grasp his chin.

"Of course, Rose," he nodded swiftly.

"Can I borrow your key-card?" she asked in a whisper, careful to make sure that James couldn't overhear their conversation this time.

Amelia was convinced she had came up with the perfect master plan to further her progress with James' therapy. She wanted to use Rogers' key-card to sneak out of the headquarters sometime this week, unbeknownst to James. An exciting midnight sneak-out would surely put Bucky in better spirits, he needed something fun to happen these days. She would tell him that she stole the key-card so they could slip out in the middle of the night - even if she wasn't actually stealing anything, but James didn't need to know that.

"For...?" Steve trailed off awkwardly, his eyebrows furrowing together in slight confusion, as he stepped closer to her secretively.

"I want to use it to sneak out of the facility," Amelia murmured quietly, glancing over her shoulder to make sure James wasn't anywhere to be seen. "I think James needs something exciting to happen. I'll tell him I stole it to sneak out, only to just go outside, of course. It would be something fun, he needs fun."

A flicker of something Amelia couldn't quite make out flashed through Steve's orbs as he struggled to absorb what she had just asked of him. He pondered momentarily, scratching the back of his neck, before saying, "You know that would be against protocol, right?"

Amelia nodded gently, her lips forming in a tiny, playful pout. "Please, Rogers?"

His blue eyes narrowed teasingly as he studied her face for a few moments, shaking his head as he took a deep breath. "Do you have feelings for Buck? Is that why you're doing something so ... strange?"

"No," she answered quickly, maybe too quickly, trying to play it cool so Steve wouldn't notice as she shrugged her shoulders. "It's just part of the process."