33 || possessive

alexa, play horns by bryce fox

18+ warning - smut

DAY 33

James lifted his hand to tap his knuckles against Amelia's bedroom door lightly, swallowing the lump in his throat as the seconds ticked by before the door opened slowly. It had only been a day since she had stormed off from the kitchen, but the way his heart fluttered as he saw her face, it was as if it had been weeks. His eyes observed her wavy hair that cascaded down her shoulders, bringing his attention to the dainty, pink sweater she was wearing along with a white, school-girl skirt that fell right above her mid-thigh. He almost choked at how succulent she looked.

"Hi," Amelia greeted feebly, tearing his interest away from her outfit to the way she took her bottom lip in between her teeth.

"How long were you planning on avoiding me?"

James examined the way her chest rose and fell deeply as she sucked in a breath, turning around as she left the door open for him. "I just needed some ... space," she murmured slowly, stopping next to her night stand before turning to face him once more.

"I want you to talk to me," he admitted lowly, stepping inside the confinement of her room. "I want to know how you're feeling."

Amelia narrowed her hazel orbs at James, suffering from the momentary whiplash that his mood swings often gave her. The back and forth between his emotions and feelings were almost too much to bear for her, she could only imagine being the one to deal with it.

"You are so confusing," she blurted unthinkingly, shuffling on her feet awkwardly as she reached up to rub the back of her neck. Her filter for her words disappeared often these days.

The twinge of attitude that laced her words made an all too familiar heat crawl up the back of James' neck. Amelia's constant defiance towards him made him want to wrap his large fingers around her neck, to shut her up finally by devouring her lips with his own. How could he blame her though when he was the one who kept all of his feelings locked deep inside? It's not like she was aware of the constant battle going on in his brain.

"That's my whole life," James hissed angrily, stepping closer towards her as his eyes bored into her chestnut ones. "I'm always confused, grasping at all of the bits and pieces of my life that I'll probably never get back. I walk around everyday feeling like something is missing. Parts of me, gone, do you know how that feels?"