One

I was fuming on my seat when my classmate and arch-enemy, Tristan Drupe, poured a cold drink on my shirt at the cafeteria earlier

I have no spare clothes in my locker. I'm so done being a subject of their jokes and trips.

It was Friday and supposed-to-be our dance class for Physical Education but our teacher cannot attend today and have a substitute for her so she doesn't have an idea about me being the center of attention in the class.

She made us busy with seatworks instead and was too preoccupied on her laptop that she didn't see him 'accidentally' spilled the drink on me.

He sneaked out during our subject prior to this and had the drink all along.

What was even more frustrating was that even our Class President doesn't have his control over him.

He was weak against him.

Tristan and his minions were the king of the class.

And, we are merely followers of them.

I never knew that one day, he will bent down on his knees as I became friends with Patrick Jeffries come Senior High School.

Patrick became my knight in shining armor on the start of my Senior Year.

We became close and I began to start  developing a crush on him as we get older and became mature.

The boys praised him and the girls our age adored him as he became the king of the court.

I was secretly liking him from a distance and he was busy earning praises from his admirers and teachers.

Patrick was what every girl dreamt of. He was responsible. A gentleman. Has a great sense of humor. Polite. And even fun to be with.

I started to confess my feelings for him but retreated after noticing him throwing the love letters his fans gave him which they slid inside his locker.

What am I compared to them?

I am just his best friend, after all.

I was his best friend all throughout Senior High School and he was a constant visitor of our house.

My parents, Riva and Henry, already considered him as an honorary member of our family.

He will always come by every weekends. Either just to hang out and watch movies or eat and have snack with me.

I was starting to get used to his presence not until he had his first girlfriend in Senior High.

And her name was Tricia Lawyer. A transferee from Westfield High.

Tricia is pretty and petite. She has this beautiful long curls and a smile so bright, you would almost believe that she was an angel sent to the earth. Also, she's amazingly smart. And cool.

So unlike me. I became a nobody again when Tricia entered the picture.

Patrick barely stepped his foot on our house when they started dating. The weeks turned into months and then, before we know it, we never talked.

Then, came college.

I started to have my own life, despite living with my parents.

I took Human Resource Management in Stradborgh University and became an exchange student in Japan.

That's the time, my world became completely new.

I'm finally saying hello to Winter Life in Tokyo, Japan.

That was the memory I have during my younger years.

I smiled as I saw this heavenly white balls of snow as they dropped on the window pane of the dormitory where I will be staying for six months.

I cannot wait to begin a life without him.

Without anyone I know and just be me.