Twenty

3rd Person's POV

Ysabelle was torn between making hot chocolate or coffee for her breakfast when Katashi came to the kitchen. He was wearing double-layered sweater and in his favorite black and blue jogging pants.

For some reason, Ysabelle wondered how many jogging pants of the same style and color that he has.

Does this guy ever change his bottoms?

"Nani o mite imasu ka? (What are you looking at?)" Katashi asked raising an eyebrow at her. He fixed himself a coffee and lifted the mug to his lips. He blew on it before he took a sip.

For a moment, Ysabelle was mesmerized.

Who would have thought that this guy in front of him could look so sexy while doing that?

She blinked as if she just woke up from a trance. She coughed to cover up her behavior a while ago.

"Nani mo nai. Nani mo nai. Sore wa anata no shigotode wa arimasen. (Nothing. Nothing. It's none of your business.)" She answered, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Anata ga sō iunara. (If you say so.)" Katashi smirked before leaving her alone in the kitchen.

When Katashi has left her alone, Ysabelle pinched herself on her arm and yelped in pain.

"Seryoso, Ysa? Nagugustuhan mo si Katashi? (Seriously, Ysa? You're starting to like Katashi?)" She mumbled to herself and made herself a hot chocolate instead.

She blew on her hot chocolate and sipped on it after. She sighed, remembering how she used to savor this peaceful feeling back in the Philippines on a cold weather.

"Oi. Ohayōgozaimasu! Nemuri wa dōdeshita ka? (Hey. Good morning! How was your sleep?)" Came Hanami's voice from behind her. She almost jumped in surprise that earned a giggle from her friend.

"Yokatta. Watashi ga anata no kao o miru made. (It was great. Until I saw your face.)" Ysabelle joked and Hanami stuck her tongue out at her.

Hanami made her coffee and smelled its aroma before taking a sip on it.

"Kesa wa ie ni ite, kyō no gogo wa saron ni itte kami o totonoemashou. Watashi no beddo wa mada mōsukoshi nagaku taizai suru yō ni watashi o sasoimasu.(Let's stay at home this morning and go to the salon this afternoon to do our hair. My bed still invites me to stay a little longer.)" Hanami said and flashed her a pleading look. "Is it alright with you?"

Ysabelle nodded, gave her a thumbs up and finished her coffee.

"Mondaiarimasen, hanami. (No problem, Hanami.)" She smiled at her friend. "I have other plans this morning too. I'll call my parents back home and probably catch up on sleep too."

With that said, both friends grinned at each other and Hanami was about to open another topic when her mother called them for breakfast.
The two friends went up to their dining area and feasted up on the sumptuous meal.

Time passed by in a flash.

Ysabelle found herself dozing of on her bed across Hanami's and glanced at the wall clock.

From 9:00AM earlier, it is almost lunch.

Hanami was still snoring off across hers and she sat up on the bed slowly. She stretched out her arms and made sure she has prepared her things for their afternoon agenda.

It's weekend yet Ysabelle feels so drained. They were already past midterms in the university yet she feels so stressed out.

Shortly after their lunch with Hanami's mother, Hanami excitedly told her to get dressed. Their makeover is scheduled this afternoon right after lunch.

Like their usual setup, Hanami, being a local, drove her to the mall. It has been their weekend routine and Ysabelle is enjoying it.

Only a month or less than a month, she will be flying back to the Philippines and leave her friend, Hanami, behind.

When they reached the salon, they were instantly given a catalogue for them to browse onto. Hanami immediately told the hairstylist how she wanted to get her hair done but Ysabelle still wasn't sure about hers.

"Nē, Isa. Anata wa mō anata no gaiken o kimemashita ka? (Hey, Ysa. Have you decided your look yet?)" Hanami asked beside her as they were assisted to the chairs in front of the mirror.

Ysabelle shook her head, obviously unsure of her makeover.

Hanami sighed and was about to open her mouth when the stylist who was assisting Ysabelle interrupted their conversation, "Koko de anata no tomodachi ni nanika teian shite moraemasu ka? (Would you mind if I suggest something for your friend here?)"

Both friends looked at each other before turning their attention to the female stylist who was in-charge of Ysabelle then they nodded in unison.

"Kanojo no kami o mijikaku suru koto o o susume shimasu. Ago take dake. Sore wa kanojo no utsukushī kao to nagaku sekushīna kubi o kyōchō surudeshou. (I suggest having her hair cut short. Just chin-length. That would give emphasis to her beautiful face and long sexy neck.)" The stylist suggested as she demonstrated Ysabelle's look giving her an idea about the result of her hairstyle.

"Shikashi, kanojo wa kanojo no nagai kami de totemo yoku miemasu! Katto suru node wa naku, sutairu o totonoeru koto wa dekimasen ka? (But, she looks so good with her long hair! Can't you just style it up instead of cutting it?)" Hanami protested as if it was her hair is about to get cut.

Ysabelle softly bit her lower lip as she weighed the pros and cons of the makeover. It wouldn't be called as such if she won't change her looks.

"Katto shimashou. (Let's cut it.)" She said earning different reactions from Hanami and the stylists. "Watashi wa atarashiku naritaidesu. Atarashī gaikan ga hoshīdesu. Dakara, kami o mijikaku shimashou.(I want to be new. I want the new look. So, let's cut my hair short.)"

)"