Five

It was already past ten in the evening and Hanami was snoring beside me while I am still wide awake

I cannot help thinking about the artist couple who lost their child a few years back.

I do not know why but my heart goes all out to them. I sighed and rolled over to my side and tried to sleep.

Frustrated, I rolled again to my left facing Hanami and closed my eyes again.

I kept thinking how soft the mattress of her bed and the warmth of the heater as it stabilized the freezing temperature outside.

I heaved a deep breath when after a few moments, I didn't found myself deep into the slumbers.

I sat and stood up silently, careful not to wake up Hanami. With my fur slippers, I walked out of the bedroom and quietly made my way to the kitchen.

I pulled out a glass to get myself some water when I felt a presence behind me and I almost screamed but the person, thankfully, had my mouth covered before I wake everybody up.

"Sorry. Did I scare you?"  It was Katashi, Hanami's older brother, who whispered at me.

I couldn't help but glare at him in annoyance. "What do you think?" I hissed and filled my glass with water before taking a big gulp.

Katashi chuckled and drank something else. My eyebrow raised when I noticed that it's a beer on his hand.

"Really? A beer at this time?" I rolled my eyes and returned the glass on the dishwasher.

"Sugoi. Dareka ga jissai ni ki ni shimasu! (Amazing. Someone actually cares!)" Katashi mumbled shaking his head in disbelief.

"Sōtei suru no o yame nasai. Anata wa watashi no shin'yū no kyōdaidesu. (Stop being assuming. You're just my best friend's brother.)" I mutterred loud enough so he can hear before I returned back to my bestfriend's room. I felt him halted behind me as he proceeded to walk to his room.

I winced in embarrassment with my big mouth and pretend to casually walk to our room and tried to ignore him.

Gosh! What did I just said? Their family was nice enough to let me in, yet I am bitchin' my ass out to one of the family members!
Where did my manners go?

I went back to bed and felt Hanami turned to her side and this time, I did slept fast.

The next day, we were silent on the dining table as we ate.

"Sore de, anata wa doko de izaberu o tsuā suru yoteidesu ka, hanami? (So, where are you planning to tour Ysabelle around, Hanami?)" Ayako asked us as we ate.

Hanami smiled and swallowed her food before saying, "Kanojo o Tōkyō de kengaku suru yoteidesu. Shibuya ni itte Tōkyō sukaitsurī shūhen de ranchi ya dinā o tabemasu ka? (I am planning to tour her around Tokyo. Maybe, we'll go to Shibuya and have lunch or dinner around Tokyo Skytree?)"

"Sore wa subarashīdeshou! Soshite, katashi, anata no ofisu wa sukaitsurī no sugu chikakudesu yo ne? Ojisanto o tomodachi to nakayoku nareba īdesu ne, Kenji-san. (That would be awesome! And, Katashi, you're office is just nearby the Skytree, right? It would be nice if you bond with your sister and her friend, isn't it, Kenji?)" Their mom remarked and looked at Katashi before turning to her husband for an approval. Their father nodded in agreement.

I swallowed my food slowly as I awaited Katashi's response whos eyes were fixed on me. He wiped the corners of his mouth with a table napkin before he answered, "Sure mom. Kyō no gogo wa 4-ji made ni shuppatsu shimasu. (I'm off by four in the afternoon today.)"

"Sore wa totemo subarashīdesu! Shigoto ga owattara sugu ni denwa shite kudasai. Soshite, sokode o ai shimashou! (That is just so awesome! Call us as soon as you're finished with work. And, we will meet you there!)" Hanami squealed and her brother nodded giving me a sideways glance.

Katashi stood up and bid us goodbye and reminded Hanami to keep her phone line open.

I sighed as soon as he was out and Hanami turned to face me.

"We're gonna get ready, Mom. " Hanami said and dragged me out the dining area to our room.

"Keep yourselves warm all throughout the day, alright?" Ayako yelled as she cleared tge dishes.

"Hai, okāsan! (Yes, Mom!)" Hanami answered back while opening her wardrobe as she thought of what to wear for her outfit of the day later on.

Looks like this is gonna be a long day!