Nine

I was busy here in my room and adjusting my camera lens when my friend, Alistair McGill, entered the room

"So, you really are serious to do nothing except to fix your camera, am I right?" He asked, his hands on his hips.

"Geez. You sound a lot like Dad." I rolled my eyes and continued cleaning the lens with a small cloth.

"Why don't you go out and have fun? That's what you are here for, right?" He asked and sat on the foot of my bed.

"And fun for me equates to getting a perfect model for my portfolio. So how am I supposed to have a blast? You know how much I wanted to apply as official photographer in McGonagall's Studio, right?" I scoffed and focused on adjusting the lens of my baby.

"Seriously, dude! When are you gonna put down that gadget and actually enjoy life?" Alistair rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Enlighten me, then." I said and looked at him.

Give it to Alistair to convince me to see the world with continuously  mentioning a girl who he always wanted to date.

"So, what do you think?" He asked grinning at me.

"Quit dreaming, fool." I joked and laughed at his trying hard puppy eyes.

I sighed and put down my camera. Just by looking at it, I realized I might have really missed enjoying nature because I was too engrossed in my hobby.

I stood up and grabbed my sweater to wear over my shirt. I also put on my winter jacket and zipped it up.

"Whoa! What just happened?" Alistair gasped in surprise. "Are you finally heading out?"

I snorted and threw him the car keys which he caught expertly between his hands.

"You drive and tour me around." I said and he looked at me in disbelief.
"I'm starving. Let's go out."

It took Alistair a minute or two to sink in and he jumped from the bed to ran to his room to grab his winter coat.

"I'm gonna drive Vincent's auto!" Alistair said singsongingly and I smirked at his response.

I let him head out first before I made sure that we have locked all doors and unplug everything before we leave the house.

In a matter of hours, I found myself on the road with Alistair as he drove us to Asakusa. As expected, there were quite a flock of people around but I admit, I still need this kind of fresh air.

Too bad I didn't bring my camera along as we roam around the place.
I took in the peaceful ambiance this place gives despite the crowd.

Alistair, being a Buddhist, paid his respects while I wait and let my eyes freely rest on random things around here.

Once he was done, my eyes caught the attention of a long-haired lady in her Royal Blue windbreaker who was also feasted on somebody else.
I followed her curious gaze and saw a familiar celebrity couple who just arrived in the place we are in.

I noticed that the famous Matsumoto couple just came here. And paparazzis instantly came out of nowhere.

I shook my head realizing how hungry these people were for some gossip.

"Hey, bud. Let's go?" Alistair asked and I nodded, my hands inside my pockets.

We had our lunch and he told me that we would also go to the Tokyo Skytree. He said he wanted to reminisce how his parents met here in Japan and eventually fell in love.

I laughed at how sappy he can be. So unlike him.

When we were finished, he drove us again and parked there. We bought tickets to the Viewing Deck and this time, I remembered my cellphone.

I was so engrossed with the view of the whole Tokyo city that I snapped photos of it using my cellphone.

I was about to take a shot in a different angle and I forgot to remove the flash from it.

When I was about to turn to my left, I bumped into the same lady whom I saw at the temple.

"– oh my gosh. I'm sorry!" I apologized rather quickly and then our eyes met.

They were the most beautiful shade of brown. I almost got lost in it until Alistair called my attention.

"Yow, dud–" He was about to continue his words when he saw the lady beside me and he winked at me knowingly.

I was about to introduce myself to her but she was already been taken away by her friend.

"Aw, man! You lost her!" Alistair said in a sad tone.

"It's because you distracted me." I hissed and he giggled.

"And somebody got whipped!" Alistair teased and I shook my head.