Thirty

3rd Person's POV

Ayame smirked when she saw the sad expression displayed in Fumika's face. Clearly, their plan worked.

Her uncle did a great job in switching the results of the DNA tests they had with Ysabelle a day ago.

Wasting no more time, she hurried to Fumika's side and pulled out her handkerchief.

"Okāsan, hankachidesu. Monogoto wa daijōbudesu. (Here's a hanky, Mom. Things will be alright.)" Ayame said as she tried consoling her.

"Gomen'nasai. Demo, hitorininaritaidesu. (I'm sorry. But, I want to be alone.)" Fumika said and she stood up.

Ayame watched as Fumika went to their room, in tears. She sighed thinking how she will get their attention. She desperately need the money to pay for her mother's hospitalization and debts. And her uncle isn't helping her at all.

Frustrated, she headed to her bedroom and stared at her phone lazily. She began scrolling on her Facebook feed when she happened to come across the latest news on arrange marriages between business partners. She wondered if it would be possible for her to secure her life.

Then, she remembered. She still have to work on getting the Matsumotos' compassion for her.
But, how will she do it?

"Dō shita no? Anata no dīenuē no kekka ni tsuite no nyūsu wa mada arimasen ka? (What's up? Still no news about your DNA results?)" Hanami asked me and sat down on the bed across mine

"Dō shita no? Anata no dīenuē no kekka ni tsuite no nyūsu wa mada arimasen ka? (What's up? Still no news about your DNA results?)" Hanami asked me and sat down on the bed across mine. We were inside the dormitory and I just stared plainly at the ceiling.

"Kekka wa mada arimasen. (No results yet.)" I shook my head and covered my face with my pillow. I groaned in unexplainable excitement and frustration.

"Hen. 3-Nichi inai ni kekkagaderu to omoimashita ka? Dōshite mada sore ni tsuite no nyūsu o uketotte inai nodesu ka? (Weird. I thought that you guys will be receiving the results within three days? How come you still haven't receive any news about it?)" Hanami commented thoughtfully and chewed on the cookie she got from the cookie jar on top of her dresser.

"Shōjikina tokoro, nani ga okotte iru no ka wakarimasen. Sore wa watashi o kinchō sa se, kōkotsu to shimasu. Nani o kanjitara ī no ka wakaranai. (I honestly don't have any idea what's going on. It's making me both nervous and ecstatic. I don't know what to feel.)" I confessed and I exhaled all my anxiety away.

"Kekka ga dōdeare, anata wa shinjitsu o ukeireru junbi ga dekite imasu ka? (Whatever the results might be, are you ready to accept the truth?)" She asked and I felt her curious gaze at me.

"Tabun sōda... (I guess so...)" I said spitting the words out like it weighed a ton.

I'm ready, aren't I? I thought to myself as I rolled to my side.

I closed my eyes and tried to imagine spending everyday with them. Spending my birthdays, Christmas and New Years. Spending the holidays with the Matsumoto couple.

My family.

My biological family.

Then, I remembered Mama and Dad.

My Mama Riva and Papa Arthur.

My family in the Philippines.

They still don't have any idea that I have known the truth about my true identity.

Hot tears spilled out of my eyes.

It still pains me knowing the truth behind it.

Will my biological parents still allow me to see them and spend time with them?

Or will they cage me in here?

What will our status be?

Will revealing the truth set me free or will it only make things worse?

Am I really ready to know the truth?

Or is it the idea that thrilled me?