Thirty One

3rd Person's POV

Impatience can be seen on Ysabelle's face as she rang on the doorbell of the Matsumoto's household.

It has been exactly a week since they have underwent DNA testing and she still haven't heard from the couple.

Azami, who was sleeping, woke up to the sound of it and stood to go to her window and saw her outside their mansion.

Anger immediately crept up her system as she never expected that the woman she never wanted to cross paths with is actually outside their home.

"Kono josei wa koko de nani o shite iru nodesu ka? (What is this woman doing here?)"  Azami muttered under her breath and grabbed her night robe on the rack to wear it.

Their helper, Kiyoko, was about to open the gate when she saw Ysabelle but Azami stopped her from doing so.

"Yameru. Kanojo to hanashi o shimasu. (Stop. I'll talk to her.)"  Azami said and Kiyoko obliged, fearing she might be fired if she do the opposite.

With that said, she opened the heavy gate of their mansion and saw how Ysabelle shivered in the cold weather despite her thick winter jacket.

"Konnichiwa. Matsumoto fusai wa koko ni imasu ka? (Hi. Are Mr. and Mrs. Matsumoto here?)"  Ysabelle asked and locked eyes with Azami.

For a moment, Azami was torn between shooing her away because of the fact that she needed money for her own mother's treatment aside from the truth that her conscience is slowly taking her system and accepting her inside to lead her to what is rightfully hers.

"Īe,-sōde wa arimasen. Naze anata wa koko ni iru nodesu ka? (No. They aren't. Why are you here?)"  Azami asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"O ̄. Wakatta. Watashi ga yattekita koto o oshiete moraemasu ka? Izaberu ga kite, kekka ni tsuite shiritai to karera ni tsutaete kudasai. (Oh. Okay. Can you please tell them that I came over? Tell them Ysabelle came and wanted to know about the results.)"  Ysabelle asked politely and shuddered, rubbing her hands against each other to warm herself up.

"Wakatta. (Okay.)" Azami nodded. She was tempted to close the gate on Ysabelle's face but she isn't that rude and inhumane to do so.

"Saisho ni naka ni haitte ocha ya kōhī o nomimasen ka? (Would you like to go inside first and have some tea or coffee?)"  Azami called out to her who started walking away from her house. "Kogoe-sōdesu. Sukunakutomo yuki ga owaru made machimashou. (It's freezing out there. Let's wait until the snow ends, at least.)"

Ysabelle turned around when she heard her talking. She was tempted to stay for awhile since she isn't a fan of freezing temperatures but somehow, she wasn't sure if she should do it.

"Uh... Īdesu ka? (May I?)" Ysabelle asked and Azami rolled her eyes.

"Watashi wa anata o shōtai shimashita ne? (I just invited you, didn't I?)", Azami said getting impatient and opened the door wide for her.

Just like that, Azami didn't expect that she will learn to like Ysabelle as a person. Their bonding for a short time over a cup of tea intensifies the guilt in her.

When the latter left their house and her parents are still away, she was torn between being humane and conning the kind couple.

She knows she has to make up her mind anytime soon.

She just have to deal with it alone.

That's what she needs to do.