Twenty Three

3rd Person's POV

"Kanojo no dīenuē mo te ni ireru koto ga dekimasu ka? (Can you also get her DNA?)" Fumika couldn't help asking her husband.

Atsushi glanced at her wife who is sitting beside him. They were waiting for the Doctor who's checking on Ysabelle in the private room which they have gotten for her.

He was tempted to do what his wife asked of him. But he also wouldn't dare to do it without Ysabelle's consent.

He wanted to know from her if she is willing to get her DNA test. He doesn't want everything to be forced just because he and his wife are desperate.

"Onegai, hanī? (Please, honey?)" Fumika begged and clung to his arms, her face was exhausted and longing for her daughter's love and recognition.

Atsushi sighed and shook his head. He was about to answer when the doctor came out of the room.

"Konbanwa, Matsumoto fusai. Anata no musume wa genkidesu. Kanojo wa ki o ushinatta. Kanojo no ude to ashi ni kizu ya surikizu wa arimasendeshita. Kanojo no tomodachi ga iru no wa yoi kotodesu. Kare wa chōdo maniau yō ni kanojo o sukutta. (Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Matsumoto. Your daughter is fine. She just fainted. There were no wounds nor scrapes on her arms and legs. It's a good thing her friend is around. He saved her just in time.)" Doctor Minato Sakai said.

The couple both looked at Vincent sitting a seat away from them. It was Fumika who smiled at him while Atsushi examined him under his gaze.

His fatherly instincts came automatically at him.

"Ysa - Ysabelle wa watashinotomodachidesu. Watashi wa tamatama kanojo ga ita chiiki ni imashita. (Ysa-Ysabelle is a friend of mine. I happened to be in the area where she was.)" Vincent said looking them in their eyes.

"Arigatōgozaimashita. Dōmo arigatō. (Thank you. Thank you so much.)" Fumika said bowing her head at him.

"Anata wa ima kanojo ni iku koto ga dekimasu. Kanojo wa okite iru to omoimasu. (You can go to her now. I think she's awake.)" Doctor Minato said and smiled at the couple before leaving them.

"Dōmo arigatō, dokutā. (Thank you, Doctor.)" It was Atsushi who voiced his gratitude out.

Both of them looked at each other, undecided who will take the first step towards their daughter.

Vincent chose to break the animosity between the couple in front of him. He stood up and approached them.

"Sumimasen, okusama to sā. Saisho ni kanojo o chekku shite mo daijōbudesuka? (Excuse me, Ma'am and Sir. Is it okay if I go in to check on her first?)" He said gazing at them.

Fumika nodded while her husband remained silent.

Vincent paid his gratitude to them before heading inside the private room where the woman he likes is.

Upon entering, he saw how Ysabelle looked on the bed. She was indeed in shock and appeared to be fazed. She must have noticed his presence when she smiled at him.

"Hey." Vincent said softly as he sat on the chair beside her bed. His eyes rested on her face. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine... I think." Ysabelle said. She touched his hand and smiled at him. "Thank you for saving me awhile ago. I was so absorbed in my thoughts. I didn't notice the stoplight."

"It's alright. I was worried about you. You fainted!" Vincent exclaimed, concern evident in his voice.

"I learned that I was adopted." Ysabelle blurt out. Tears automatically spilled down her cheeks. "I never knew it until earlier."

Vincent gasped in surprise and disbelief. He had no idea what she was going through.

"I-I don't know what to say." Vincent said honestly. "It must be so hard for you. I'm just here if you need someone to talk to."

Ysabelle lifted her gaze to meet his. "I haven't told anyone else yet. I have trouble dealing with it. I-I just learned that my parents are one of the most powerful people here in Japan."

"Hey, hey. Calm down." Vincent hushed her. "Do you want me to help you find your parents?"

"My parents are outside this room." Ysabelle said which earned a wide-eyed reaction from him. "I already have a hunch about them. It just never occurred to me that they really are my biological ones."

"Do you want a DNA test to be conducted?" He asked directly.

"I don't know. Maybe? Maybe yes?" Ysabelle sighed. "I am still not ready yet. This is too much to take in."

"Take the time that you need. I will be just a call away. I have your number, remember?" Vincent said, smiling as if to reassure her.

"Thank you, Vince." Ysabelle said and smiled.

"They are waiting outside. Are you ready to meet them? They were the ones who almost collided with you on the streets." He said.

"It's fine. I don't think they know that I am their child." Ysabelle giggled. "I guess, this will be our little secret until I'm brave enough to tell them the truth about me."

"Yes. Our little secret." He nodded to assure her.

"Okay. I will call them in. I'll see you around." Vincent stood up.

"Thank you, Vince. Take care. See you around." Ysabelle said and took a deep breath.

It's now or never, Ysabelle. Here they come. She thought as she prepared herself to meet her biological parents.

 She thought as she prepared herself to meet her biological parents